New cooking times

FunkyFuggerson

Some perhaps.  My take on it is, it's no mystery that The Long Dark is an organic project.  Since its inception, it's been shifting, changing, evolving, and some people just can't handle that.  I can understand the mentality--pretty much every other game developer out there releases a static product, and apart from an occasional bug fix, that product does not change after you've bought it.  This is something pretty different.  I think the Vigilant Flame update simply drove that point home to a lot of people, and they finally got it.  This game changes.  Rules you took for granted for possibly years can be changed in an instant.

I'm along for the ride, as I think most of us are.  But that's just not what some people signed up for, and I can respect that.

21 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Some perhaps.  My take on it is, it's no mystery that The Long Dark is an organic project.  Since its inception, it's been shifting, changing, evolving, and some people just can't handle that.  I can understand the mentality--pretty much every other game developer out there releases a static product, and apart from an occasional bug fix, that product does not change after you've bought it.  This is something pretty different.  I think the Vigilant Flame update simply drove that point home to a lot of people, and they finally got it.  This game changes.  Rules you took for granted for possibly years can be changed in an instant.

I'm along for the ride, as I think most of us are.  But that's just not what some people signed up for, and I can respect that.

100% agree with what you just typed.

Don't tell my husband, but sometimes... I truly adore you, my friend.
Okay, no need to tell him anyway. He's standing right behind me, laughing his socks off. ;)

5 hours ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

I haven't had a chance to play since the update, but I'm looking forward to seeing how things are with the revised cooking times.

They seem to be about 20% shorter, give or take. I didn't write them all down, my hands were full of controller, lol! Still enough time to do most short tasks while cooking, a few that are so close in time on some cooking that you can't dawdle. Finish the task and get the food or water off the fire before it boils away or burns.  I am usually multitasking or passing time while cooking/making water, so I may not be noticing the time change as much, other than the lessening of lolligagging time, lol! Haven't dome any serious runs, just a few disposables, until the new bugs get patched, then I'll reopen my longer standing runs. And hope for the best. ;)

Archived