Hello from the North of the UK!

N_Yarr

Welcome! Nothing wrong with Pilgrim, a nice, relatively peaceful way to learn the game, and see how it feels. 

Hope to see more of you on the forums here. Nice people here, great community. Need any help, give a shout in the correct subforum, and folks here will try to help. You may get a dozen different answers on how one thing can be done, but that is one of the great joys of this game. There is no "single way" to play. You can develop your own playstyle, and try new things when you want to, when you feel ready. 

Stay warm, stay safe, and enjoy your stay on Great Bear Island. :)

Welcome to the party!  And yeah, like Captain Pancake said, Pilgrim is a perfectly good mode to play.  Hinterland calls them "experience modes" instead of "difficulty settings", because it really does change the entire feel and atmosphere of the game.  Pilgrim, while yes it is the easiest, has a unique charm to it that is missing from the other default experience modes.  There's lots of goodies to be found, you can quickly amass a huge hoard of gear, and you can focus on whatever little pet project you wish without having to worry too much about staying alive.

Hey there!

It's nice that there's no stigma or "penalty" for playing the "easy" mode in this like there is in other games from what I've found. I do generally enjoy a more gentle and casual mode of exploitative play in these sorts of games, which is easily satisfied in this!

(We do need a Pancake emote...Pancakes are a brilliant food, up there with Belgian Waffles! :D)

7 hours ago, N_Yarr said:

Hey there!

It's nice that there's no stigma or "penalty" for playing the "easy" mode in this like there is in other games from what I've found. I do generally enjoy a more gentle and casual mode of exploitative play in these sorts of games, which is easily satisfied in this!

(We do need a Pancake emote...Pancakes are a brilliant food, up there with Belgian Waffles! :D)

You... said the "W" word... :o

I now, kinda want to be able to make basic foods in TLD...like pancakes...I keep finding pans and...I want my breakfast food...

Granted...that's a lot of work for one meal. Plus we have no source of anything to make pancakes unless it's a boxed dry mix (if those even exist.)

Maybe those MREs contain pancakes.  I mean you never know--they typically have all kinds of side items in addition to the entree.  I could see a pair of pancakes in a foil packet, just slide them into your flameless ration heater, let 'em get all toasty, tear open a packet of syrup and there you go.

Archived