The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.36 [39433]

Admin

This update is broken. When I resumed my game I found that the carcasses of all the animals I've ever shot in this run have respawned. I've killed the bear in the picture about 200 ingame days ago and now it's blocking the entrance to the fishing hut, I cannot leave! Please fix this.

bear.thumb.png.d3612845c69b92defff880939cbdf0ab.png

Fortunately after 3 days in the hut I could leave it eventually by crouching and goating onto the bear. Spent another night inside the house on Jackrabbits and the carcasses are gone.

In the house I noticed another bug. The fronts of the top shelfs were on the counter and the shelfs itself only small unclickable boxes mounted on the wall. Someone had a bad day while doing this update lol.

the carcasses thing has been happening for a while... I had a pile of them at the Quonset for a time... you could leave CH for several in game weeks..come back and they would be gone...spend one night in the Quonset and go outside in the morning and they would all be back.

30 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

At this point I've quit the game and wait for the update.

Yup, actual runs are on hold for me too.  Fired up a new run on Voyageur for giggles last night and within two game days I had 28C clothing bonus, all tools and a rifle with 30 rounds. By day 4 there were 3 deer pelts and 4 wolf pelts curing and I have enough food for months. OK, I need to go back to Interloper.

22 hours ago, admin said:

*[ALL] Added new pop-up warning to prevent players from accidentally Eating Raw Meat or Fish when selecting them from the Radial menu.  

Whew, luckily I had the time to gulp a last piece piece of raw wolf instead of cooking it, bestowing upon myself food poisoning and 75% risk of parasites, which meant I promptly got them. The very last day before the hotfix. Now I'm stuck in some cave in Forlorn Muskeg, doing some sloppy hunting while watching days go by as I sip shroom soup. Even with level 5 cooking, wolf sushi is bad for you.

On 8/27/2018 at 11:43 AM, Gazbeard said:

Why did this update screw over the inventories of current runs?

I'm live streaming right now and for example the drawers of the filing cabinet in the ML camp office have all gone AWOL with all the goods I had stored in them, the rifle I left on the table upstairs was relocated to under the workbench downstairs, the box of spare ammo is completely missing, and two lanterns have disappeared from the counter downstairs.

20180827223349_1.jpg

I can confirm this as well. Some additional info if it helps: In this same cabin, I had three rifles on the calendar mat at the counter. The two that where packed closely together seemed to disappear, while the third, which had other items not quite as close, was not affected. Could it have something to do with the fix regarding space around objects? All of my other items (including lanterns) are fine (except for the 4 drawers, duh). Also, I loaded some saves from before the fix, and the error persists in those as well, so the bug is retroactive. I hope that gives some insight.

In v1.36 there is a problem with the fire, in particular the two large stones used for cooking.

At times the stones disappear, or things placed on the stones disappear.  I noticed in particular at Jackrabbit Island and at ML Camp Office, I think I have experienced this in other places too.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, ChillPlayer said:

I found that the carcasses of all the animals I've ever shot

bear.thumb.png.d3612845c69b92defff880939cbdf0ab.png

Mother Nature has given you a sign and now you must repent.

You have to catch, pet and release 40 rabbits to cleanse your soul.

But then you just bonked 40 rabbits with a rock and that is not too nice either so you will then need to feed a 1 kg treat to 25 wolves and 3 bears.

So it is written!

Thanks everyone who has posted about issues with the v 1.36 hotfix! 

1.37 is now available -- you can read more about it here: 

If you have noticed something in the game that looks like it could be a bug, please report it to our Public Bug Database.

If you need technical support or want to share or discuss an issue related to bugs, hardware compatibility, performance, or anything else technical, you can also post in our Technical Issues sub forum.

• Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived