The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.36 [39433]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.36 [39433] to address some issues that surfaced after our VIGILANT FLAME Update, and in anticipation of our upcoming release of the physical retail Xbox and PS4 editions.

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

CHANGELIST v1.36 [39433]

HIGHLIGHTED FIXES

*[ALL] Added new pop-up warning to prevent players from accidentally Eating Raw Meat or Fish when selecting them from the Radial menu.  
*[ALL] Completed a tuning pass on several Cooking variables. Cooking times are balanced more closely (though not identically) to values prior to the Vigilant Flame Update, while still accounting for the benefits of real-time Cooking and multiple Cooking surfaces.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing players to get stuck in the bowl object on the second floor of the Camp Office.

GAMEPLAY

*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed Buffer Memories missing the Examine option.
*[WINTERMUTE] Added new Cooking Meat tutorial to increase clarity around uses for Raw and Cooked Meat in the game.
*[WINTERMUTE] Removal of Metal Shard at the opening of Episode One now happens automatically.
*[ALL] Fixed some instances of wildlife not using optimal paths when moving through the world.
*[ALL] Fixed not being able to stand up from Crouching when in a tunnel or cave.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where injured Bears reset their status when players enter an interior or Pass Time.
*[ALL] Fixed not being able to Pass Time when Cooking ruined meat.
*[ALL] Fixed Hatchet becoming instantly ruined when breaking down a table with a camp stove on top of it. 
*[ALL] Top slot for Drinks in the Radial Menu is no longer reserved for Water only.
*[ALL] Player’s last Cooking Pot will no longer drop during a Struggle.
*[ALL] Fixed inaccurate Crafting times when there are fewer than 2 hours remaining to finish Crafting an item.
*[ALL] Fixed Melting Snow not progressing to Boiling if a player leaves the region.
*[ALL] Fixed Unsafe Water not continuing to Boil if Stove is relit.
*[ALL] Fixed improperly focused camera when Harvesting a Moose.
*[ALL] Fixed quantity of Water displayed in Radial Menu and Backpack not matching.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing players to be unable to cancel Fishing in certain scenarios.
*[ALL] Fixed Notes in Inspection Mode missing the ability to scroll.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing the Zoom option to be missing from the Map when using the Steam Controller.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing inconsistency around which actions players can perform when inside a Snow Shelter.
*[ALL] Fixed being unable to place water inside Caves.
*[ALL] Adjusted space around placed items so players can arrange them closer together.

ART

*[ALL] Numerous Environment Fixes.
*[ALL] Numerous fixes to locations where players can become stuck in the game world.
*[ALL] Fixed missing texture on the Fishing Line gear item.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed graphical corruption in Hushed River Valley Ice Cave.

AUDIO

*[ALL] Fixed audio not correctly fading in and out on load screens.
*[ALL] Fixed missing sound effects when a player suffers an ankle Sprain.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where shooting certain trees with Arrows would cause Moose sound effects to play.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing wildlife audio to play when exiting a building.

### End of Release Notes ###

31 minutes ago, Doc Gonzo said:

Agreed.  Although it hasn't happened to me I know it was a real concern for a lot of TLD players -- NICE FIX!

happened to me once or twice when I ate my last piece of cattail and the raw meat shifted in the slot where the cattails were and I absentmindedly tried to eat another stalk only to get food poisoning and parasites.

Watch a couple prominent youtubers and streamers do the same so this is clearly a good change to put in.

Very nice to see updates. The incorrect crafting time bug was one that was confusing me greatly in my current run.

I hope in the future you can make it so you don't open cans with knives after you reach level 3 cooking. Having to drop your knife every time you open a can so you don't pointlessly ruin it is silly.

Why did this update screw over the inventories of current runs?

I'm live streaming right now and for example the drawers of the filing cabinet in the ML camp office have all gone AWOL with all the goods I had stored in them, the rifle I left on the table upstairs was relocated to under the workbench downstairs, the box of spare ammo is completely missing, and two lanterns have disappeared from the counter downstairs.

20180827223349_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Gazbeard said:

Why did this update screw over the inventories of current runs?

I'm live streaming right now and for example the drawers of the filing cabinet in the ML camp office have all gone AWOL with all the goods I had stored in them, the rifle I left on the table upstairs was relocated to under the workbench downstairs, the box of spare ammo is completely missing, and two lanterns have disappeared from the counter downstairs.

We are aware of this issue and are investigating. 

Why make the pulling out the metal shard bit automatic? I know some people had issues with it but wasn't that resolved? I actually quite enjoyed that little detail. It makes it that much more hardcore when you're the one actually pulling it out manually

Guest jeffpeng
4 minutes ago, ArcherAC3 said:

*[WINTERMUTE] Removal of Metal Shard at the opening of Episode One now happens automatically.

But, why though??

I can kinda get why. You get thrown into rather fierce and chaotic events, have no idea how the game works (if you start with story mode as I did back then) and pulling things out of your hand just doesn't happen in the game. So ... it's a nice immersive idea, but ... doesn't really add to the purpose of the tutorial.

17 minutes ago, ArcherAC3 said:

But, why though??

11 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

I can kinda get why. You get thrown into rather fierce and chaotic events, have no idea how the game works (if you start with story mode as I did back then) and pulling things out of your hand just doesn't happen in the game. So ... it's a nice immersive idea, but ... doesn't really add to the purpose of the tutorial.

Not to mention it was confusing, but not *too* difficult to do on PC, with kb/m controls. But I did have issues with a controller, both on PC, and XBone. It was just finicky as heck. Doable, but finicky. Not a horrible big deal for me, someone who has been playing for some time. But for a new player, on any platform... yeah. Rage right at the start of Wintermute is probably not the *best* way to introduce a new player to your game. It was constantly being brought up and complained about by new players, on the Steam forums, since Wintermute released. I totally get why Hinterland changed this. 

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, Spakerman said:

was about to post exactly this screenshot... this is where all my sewing kits and whetstones and matches and things were stored.  My Interloper run just got sabotaged if I can't get this stuff back. Grrrr

I hope they can fix it so you get that stuff back. On interloper that's some serious loss .... Not gonna play until this get's fixed. That's really the sort of bug that cannot happen.

16 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

Not gonna play until this get's fixed. That's really the sort of bug that cannot happen.

Yeah, I'll play some other small challenges or something in the meantime. Don't want to corrupt my Interloper save in the hopes that they'll restore it.

Hopefully the tables for each drawer are still saved and it's simply a matter of fixing access to the drawer. Going to be very sad if the table for each container is corrupted too

We're currently investigating issues with some drawers and lockers appearing to be missing after the recent hotfix. For anyone experiencing this, any stored items in these containers aren't lost, just currently on another layer of the scene. We're pretty confident we can get everything put back, but we want to be sure this won't happen again before we release another patch. Thanks for your patience!

Archived