Cooking skill based on amount of meat?

NardoLoopa

I think it's the same skill regardless of fillet size right now.  You can start a new run, kill a rabbit (or maybe it was two), harvest the meat in .1 kg pieces, cook them.  That will be enough to get you to cooking level 2.  Currently, it doesn't take long to get to cooking level 5 if you harvest all meat in small pieces and cook them.  Getting to level 5 can probably be done with some rabbits, a few deer carcasses, and a couple full deer (and some nice weather to cook all those small deer pieces all day or all night), all harvested in .1 or .2 kg pieces and cooked.

7 minutes ago, Spakerman said:

How do you harvest in .1kg pieces?  If I harvest a large carcass the smallest unit I can harvest is 0.5kg until there is less than 0.5kg left and then I can harvest the last small chunk.

A couple ways.  The arrows for the amount to harvest move in sizes of 0.5kg.  If the chunk of meat is 1.1kg, click it all the way up, then two clicks down.  The first click down will reduce it to 0.6kg, and the next click to 0.1kg.

Otherwise, set the amount to 0.5kg, click to harvest, and press the escape key about 1/5th of the way through.  Assuming you're on a PC, that is.  On console, I don't know what button is the equivalent of the escape key on PC.

Archived