1000-day Survival Run on YouTube (Voyageur mode)

Gazbeard

Hi all,

I know the hard core TLD survivors may dismiss Voyageur as "easy mode", but for new players it can still be quite challenging - more so as lootable resources run out and prey animal spawns become less frequent.  In this series I simply "play through" a 1000-day survival attempt with a focus on surviving rather than taking unneccesary risks and forcing excitement.  Fully narrated with explanations of my thinking in each situation to assist less experienced players get to grips with survival mode, and with map navigation tips and tricks throughout. 

I hope it helps some of you and entertains others - the title of each video states the main event(s) in them.  I've got the first 63 episodes recorded and uploaded, with new episodes being published every day at 5:00pm UK-time until either I reach day 1000, or until the character dies (whichever happens first).  This series has its own playlist on my YouTube channel, so for those that only want to follow it you can choose to subscribe to either the channel or the series.

It all begins here ...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi DarKube - yup the run was aiming for 1000 days, but the Aurora wolves got me on the 5th night in HRV ... overall it wasn't a bad run (167 days) ended by a stupid decision to try getting back to the cave in the dark instead of hunkering down in a sheltered spot and making a camp fire until sunrise ... I guess trying to not let it get too boring because it was for youTube contributed slightly?
My Twitch run is going well though - currently at day 317 or 318 and mapping out Pleasant Valley ... a.k.a. Blizzard Alley.

Archived