admin

Question Thread :: Milton Mailbag

609 posts in this topic

In the Dec update you changed the route to get to/from the Crashed Plane site, I was just wondering if there was any reason why you decided to do this? Was there a technical issue with the old route perhaps? Or future plans for the cave system by Spruce Falls Bridge to lead to somewhere new or different (not holding you to anything, just curious)?

Happy new year ! All the best for you.

Will you finish the first person presence animation this year ? I mean showing the right clothes on the arms of the character. When he wears gloves while the animations shows nude hands for example, it really seems an unfinished part of the game.

Finishing this is surely the improvement I'd like to see the most. Thank you !

• Like 1

Are you planning to eventually add a proper "beginning" to survival mode? I don't mean a cutscene, just actually starting next to a crashed plane and maybe having to pick up the starting supplies. It would definitely improve the immersion, but I guess even if it is something that you have planned, it has a very low priority, since creating a plane crash site for every single starting location would take a lot of resources that can be spent on more important things.

• Like 1

Ralph prev. stated that Frostpunk was a game that was a positive surprise in 2018. One of the things I like in that game is the temperature and storm cycle behaviour giving "build up" a real sense of urgency and purpose. Would such a gameplay feature be considered in long dark to challenge in the midgame? It could be more than normal cold blizzards which last longer, affect indoor temp (demanding wood stocks) and resets animal spawns. Obviously should be subject to game difficulty settings. Just to get your view on midgame development of survival mode in 2019.    

So before I ask my question I would like to warn any fellow forum users that this does contain some spoilers for episode one of wintermute redux.

Ok with that out of the way here is my question: at the point where you encounter the escaped convict named Hobbs you are given the choice weather to kill him with the knife he has stuck in him, or to help him by pulling out the knife. Well when you make your choice regardless of what it was the knife seems to disappear and you are unable to use it. Why is that? Was it just a mistake or are there other reasons?

While I found the pre-redux "good enough", I loved the new Wintermute storyline, and I wanted to say it, a bit of love never hurts. I only wish the "hardened survivor" version of next episodes will be a real challenge, switching from Stalker-level to Interloper-level. All those infinite fire, all this food, all these clothes, didn't make it that "hardened".

So, the question is simple: Is it pure luck the shelves at Trapper's are a perfect fit for curing guts?screen_cbb58b98-f9eb-42c7-9212-0816b66bd3e6.thumb.png.ce5eae7d175bfccbe594ab45751ddcad.png

I really like improvements in Redux Wintermute. I have some questions about map:
1. I am wondering why compass was added to Wintermute map? Arrow showing our direction breaks immersion a bit, as geomagnetic storm breaks compass, doesnt it?
Position indicator is great - on survival we can use charcoal to see where we are. But shoudnt position be revealed only during good visibility conditions? It breaks game a bit when on fog or blizzard we can open map and we know where we are and what direction we are looking at.

2. I would really love to see some icon with current position also in survival mode - to not break current balance only after using charcoal, when map opens. Currently map is centered, but when we are on maps edge it gets bugged a bit.

3. I also noticed there is limit of how many resources (plants, limbs, houses) can be mapped on survival mode. I was going to map everything, but when I'm almost done new things arent mapped any more - I think after reaching 100 objects mapped or so. Are there any plans to have that limit increased ?

Now that REDUX was released, both episodes of Wintermute have the same cinematic intro. Before, this was only at the beggining of episode 2. Will the same intro be used for all 5 episodes, or will every episode have a different intro in the future? As much as I love it, it seems really weird to use the same one for two episodes.

Way back when in 2016 after some announcements for Wintermute were made and we got to see what Will actually looked like, a bio for him appeared on the gamepedia wiki for the game and is still there now if you haven't seen it. My question to you is if that bio information was from Hinterland or if it was fan made? I know for myself and others, that page helped keep my interest in the game even though i had dropped out of the game for much of 2016.

Don't worry i'm actively playing right and plan on trying the redux soon. :D