How do purification tablets work now?

greatwhitegamer

Hello there everybody. I was curious, how do purification tablets work now? With Vigilant Flame, the water just boils automatically after it melts and I cannot find a way to use the tablets. Are the purification tablets in my pack just dead weight now? I would appreciate any help as I'm always trying to find ways to lighten my load. Cheers! :coffee: 

Hello @greatwhitegamer, I am playing a vanilla-Interloper run and it has been a challenge to find enough firewood/sticks due to sub-zero weather and blizzards. This means that timing fires is critical and I have begun a habit of never leaving my pots empty and adding a stick or two to assure the pots on my dying fire will last until "just boiled" or else "just melted"...then I can go to shelter and rest. In the morning if the pots hold "non-potable water" and I lack the sticks to boil, just add the dirty water to your backpack and then "USE" the purification tablets in your medical kit and they will change the water to drinkable.

Good luck my friend! :coffee:

• 1 month later...

I  think one tablet will sterilise half a litre of water. So you can melt a litre of water, say, in a cooking pot, take it before its boiled, then use two tablets to make it drinkable. The game automatically separates clean and unclean water, so if you had three litres of clean boiled water and one litre of unboiled water, these would appear in different containers in your inventory. Once you use the tablets, all the clean water will combine into a single four litre container.

Archived