Pleasant Valley & Broken Railroad ingame maps

ProsPex

Are there plans to rotate the in-game maps for Pleasant Valley and Broken Railroad 90 degrees counter-clockwise so that north is to the top of the map? All other in-game maps appear to have north at the top. This may have been answered already and if so, please provide a link to the answer.

If I drop the hunting rifle along the tracks between the Camp Office and the Derailment, the rifle is parallel to the tracks with the rifle stock pointing towards the Derailment (pointing towards the top of the map). Doesn’t that imply that Mystery Lake map is being displayed correctly with north being the top of the map?

If anything, I would say the world map of Great Bear is incorrect. To me it looks like there should be a curve in the tunnel between ML and FM, with the tracks running N/S in ML and W/E in FM. Then when the tunnel transitions from FM to BR, there again is another curve within the tunnel with BR tracks also running N/S.

37 minutes ago, DaveO said:

If I drop the hunting rifle along the tracks between the Camp Office and the Derailment, the rifle is parallel to the tracks with the rifle stock pointing towards the Derailment (pointing towards the top of the map). Doesn’t that imply that Mystery Lake map is being displayed correctly with north being the top of the map?

If anything, I would say the world map of Great Bear is incorrect. To me it looks like there should be a curve in the tunnel between ML and FM, with the tracks running N/S in ML and W/E in FM. Then when the tunnel transitions from FM to BR, there again is another curve within the tunnel with BR tracks also running N/S.

If you consider the ML map by itself, completely apart from any other region, yes it was built with the tracks running mostly north/south.  However in terms of the overall game world, that is not accurate.  On the world map, the tracks in ML run east/west, so it is a discrepancy. 

I suspect this is because the game world is being built out with each new region being tacked on to another in a modular fashion, and when Mystery Lake was first created (it was the very first region to exist, if I recall correctly) its overall position and orientation in the game world wasn't clearly defined yet.

Archived