viligent flames update world

atomicmrcoffee

I am playing voyager and am at day 550. before vigilant flames update my log said I had %100 of the world explored. I have traversed hushed river valley and have no dark areas on my map but my log now says I have only 91% of the world explored. Is there something else that changed so even if I previously had the map explored that it would not consider it explored now or am I somehow still missing something from HRV. I have explored all the ice caves and walked through the waterfall on hushed river ( which by the way did not change % of world explored.) I still have not triggered the faithful cartographer achievement yet. 

ld log.png

6 hours ago, atomicmrcoffee said:

I still have not triggered the faithful cartographer achievement yet. 

Check your maps against the list for the achievement in this THREAD and compare your maps to the ones posted... or post your maps so that others in the community can help you.. after receiving help this week I am willing to help anyone who needs it...

Hi @atomicmrcoffee. As you have guessed, the total percentage of the world explored can changes as new content is added to the game. This percentage is not related to what areas your Survivor has mapped, but by the number of named locations they have visited.

The percentage of the world explored is not related to the Faithful Cartographer achievement, which requires visiting and mapping a specific list of locations. Information about the requirements of that achievement are posted here

Hope that helps!

Not precisely, I understand when you added the hushed river valley there was more of the world to explore and the percentage I had explored dropped below %100.  But I have explored the hushed river valley now from top to bottom. I would have thought that that would have bought my percentage explored back up to %100 but it hasn't. 

My question is if I had the world of TLD %100 explored before you added Hushed River Valley, is there any part of the map I need to explore or re-explore besides Hushed River Valley to bring it back up to %100? Has anything else in the bear island world changed?

I swear I have completely explored HRV but my % world explored has not gone back to %100.

I am asking this because I am trying to figure out if there is any place in HRV I missed somehow but I just went back through the whole HRV and still at %91 explored. 

hrv map.png

Other than Hushed River Valley region, no new locations were added to the game in Vigilant Flame, no.

We'll review the systems that track how much of the world is explored in case there is an issue with counting locations in the new region. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Archived