One Pain Pill instead of 2

piddy3825

I believe what they want/need to know is if you are carrying multiple bottles, with any number of pills in them, at possibly varying condition %'s, before dropping all but one pill. Apologies if I am not correct about this, but that is how I understand "multiple stacks of Pain Pills in your inventory", 1 bottle = 1 stack, I think.

I have been taking a short break. I'll try to test this later today on my Steam copy of the game. I'll test using 1 bottle only, and using multiple bottles. I'll report back when/if I have results that make sense. All depends on how hard i have to try to get sprains and food poisoning. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies!  If anyone manages to replicate this issue with only one pill in their entire inventory (as opposed to when there are other pills of the same type in a different bottle), please let us know. We're trying to figure out all the conditions under which this issue can occur.

10 minutes ago, Support said:

Thanks everyone for your replies!  If anyone manages to replicate this issue with only one pill in their entire inventory (as opposed to when there are other pills of the same type in a different bottle), please let us know. We're trying to figure out all the conditions under which this issue can occur.

If I can repro it consistently, I'll post here, but also post a bug report with output_log.txt on the JIRA site. Any particular experience mode that needs tested, or all of them? (I do not do Loper...)

2 hours ago, Support said:

No problem! Even tough this is a helpful glitch I hope you guys can get it fixed soon

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, it's not necessary that anyone goes out of their way to test for this issue -- we have internal testers looking into it. However if you do notice additional cases of single-pill healing while you play, just let us know. 

@ThePancakeLady no particular experience mode should be required, but thanks for keeping an eye out!

No worries. I like testing bugs and trying to repro them lol! I am a geek like that. Though... I can't seem to get a sprain to save my life right now. Trying everything to get one or more. And nupe. Same with food poisoning. Eating raw low condition venison and no food poisoning.  Oddly. also zero cans of soda found in this game so far, about half of Mystery Lake looted.  RNJesus is taunting me, yet again.  xD

@Support - I enjoy doing this kind of thing, even if I can't always get 100% repro rates. It gives me something to do after now 2400 hours playing the game on Steam and XBone. 

10 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

It gives me something to do after now 2400 hours playing the game on Steam and XBone. 

Wow, and I thought I played this game too much... lol.  I'm at 1340 hours on Steam myself.  If gaming were a job, you'd have worked 46 plus hours a week for the last year.  Internet High Five to you @ThePancakeLady!

3 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Still can't get a sprain or fall injury, on Steam or XBone... going to have to switch to poking wolves and bears in the nose. Wish me luck, :D

try jumping down from low lying cliff face...  works for me almost every time...

12 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

try jumping down from low lying cliff face...  works for me almost every time...

I have. Torn clothing. No sprain. Every time.   xD

Running down hills, overburdened, jumping off of rocks and trees, walking horizontally across near vertical slopes... the usual sprain causes are not working.

RNJesus is having fun with me, as usual. I'll go for larger injuries and see if I can get 1 pill to work. If not poking wolves in the nose, I may just go back to my usual "tries to climb somewhere she knows the devs do not want her to be able to go".  I haven't had any really enjoyable climbing deaths lately.  :D

8 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I have. Torn clothing. No sprain. Every time.   xD

Hunting lodge = sprain factory.  Just hack up those cardboard boxes that are in your way, and walk off the 2nd floor ledge.  You'll hit the 1st floor hard enough to sprain your spleen.  Just get naked first.  No point in ruining a perfectly good pair of pants by splitting the butt down the middle.

20 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Hunting lodge = sprain factory.  Just hack up those cardboard boxes that are in your way, and walk off the 2nd floor ledge.  You'll hit the 1st floor hard enough to sprain your spleen.  Just get naked first.  No point in ruining a perfectly good pair of pants by splitting the butt down the middle.

Ha. Haha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!  I have a plan for this evening now.  :D

On 8/13/2018 at 7:56 PM, piddy3825 said:

Ouch, ohhh, I see where your coming from.  Havent thought of it like that, but I can respect position.  Yeah, it sure is fun being able to hop slide down a near vertical surface... but that didnt prevent me from falling thru the bridge to my death today with the character that started the discussion on this thread.  lol  there went all those grand cribs with the cured in place hides...   oh the pain...

now does anyone have any save game exploit that i can take advantage of?

I have a save game exploit, but unfortunately it's a manual process.  Open the save files and duplicate the folder on a regular basis.   This way you shouldn't lose more than a days worth of progress should the unfortunate happen.

On Windows this is something like: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Hinterland and then make a copy of the "TheLongDark" folder.  I just keep duplicating the folder any time I need to back up, so I have multiple copies at any point in time.

I learned the hard way that not having backups can cause you to lose your entire game progress all due to a bug not your own fault.  I got trapped in multiple locations unable to move.   I now backup after any major in game achievement or right after I quit for the day.   It sucks that you have to do it manually, but for now I have not been annoyed enough to create an automated system.

Just updating- been able to get several sprains on my XBone games, but I have not been able to reliably reproduce the 1 pill instead f 2 usage. Sometimes I can take just 1, sometimes the game demands 2. Not a large enough sample size yet for me to be sure of all repro steps and necessary components (like % condition of pills, locations, stats, how injury or illness was obtained... Yeah. Sorry. I am a geek. I need to do this as scientifically as possible, and get good solid results that anyone can recreate.)

Archived