Where next?

Skelegutplays

So right now i am in mystery lake region near camp office i have been to most of the locations and found the prepper cache i have not been to trappers cabin or unnamed pond but after i have looted everythink in ML should i go to coastal highway or mountain town also i hate bears.

I recommend exploring forlorn muskeg and broken railroad. not only is there a forge at forlorn muskeg but you can get some pretty good gear from both regions. and then maybe thinking of setting up a main base in some region. maybe later in the game when you feel experienced enough you can attempt to climb timber wolf mountain. just some suggestions. I usually set myself some goals like getting to level 3 for all skills or surviving at lease 50 days so then the game doesn't get boring from having no goal. just my 2 cents.

Hate to say this, but there are bears on every map...

Forlorn Muskeg is harsh, if you are not used to very few man-made structures, and tons of weak ice. Broken Railroad can be a Wolf Tunnel Of Death. FM is an advanced map, BR is an intermediate map. If you are new, you may want to head to Coastal Highway, but be careful on crossing the Raven Falls Ravine trestle. The Ravine is a nice place to go slow and recuperate, no predators at all, plenty of deer and rabbits, but also only caves and 2 railroad cars to rest in. But you can cross through it in a few hours time, in game. CH is loot RICH, but also has lots of Wolves, and a few Bears, and a really grumpy Moose. But it has tons of buildings to stay in and loot, and tons of natural resources to collect, and fishing. Fishing huts all over the place. I recommend CH for a newer player. If you are daring, and don;t mind dying from falling through weak ice a few dozen times, go learn Forlorn Muskeg, and then wander over to Broken Railroad and learn to run away from wolves. And another really cranky Moose, between the 2 (only 2) man made shelters on the map. 

Do what thrills you, or makes you feel most comfortable. Watch out for wolves, wherever you go after ML. Other maps will make ML seem like it has almost no wolves on it, and you may learn to hate wolves more than bears.  :D

If it were me, I'd head north, pass right through Pleasant Valley, and hit up Timberwolf Mountain.  You're probably pretty well equipped at this point, so summiting the mountain shouldn't be a problem.  There's some really sweet loot up there.

Archived