Sorta Experienced player attempts interloper, (PART 2)

FunkyFuggerson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 21, Back to the base (EDIT: Since i'm the failure that I am I got the dates mixed up AGAIN >:(, so this is actually day 21 and just, I dunno anymore, ill try and get the dates right from now on but i'm such a cluttered mess sometimes!) 

I wake up and pass the time by reading for 1 hour, I then set out. I make my way over onto a hill and down to Max's last stand. Max's body has nothing but in his backpack I find a fire starting skill book! I pick up some sticks and head up to the rail tunnel, I pick all the rose hips I find there. When checking the tunnel to FM I find some simple tools and a hefty log of cedar. But the real kicker is when I loot a backpack under a fallen tree, inside I find...

image.thumb.png.05a0c6f77f518f07f98aefe39a3776d8.png

Mmmmmmmm, salty... Well that's some traveling food right there! I head up onto the right side of the tracks and keep to the hill, while this protects me from wolves patrolling the tracks I also sprained my wrist while walking. Popping a some painkillers I head back to the camp office and go inside. I dump all my stuff and pass time to warm up again. Once outside the weather is pretty warm so I chop down some cedar limbs for wood, I dump then back inside and warm up. I then head out onto the lake and loot 2 of the fishing huts. I find another cedar and a road flare, but thats about it. While heading back the wind picks up, so I decide to head up to the overlook before I end the day. I go up into the cave and find some pretty worthless stuff. 

image.thumb.png.6848ad548244214ef037f413cb952e04.png

A skill book for rifles? Man, why do these even spawn on loper? :( I head back down and into the office, I then admire the haul i've made! 

image.thumb.png.58388e0d646bb62aa8aabe0dbef80baf.png

Look at all that junk! 5 whetstones, 3 sewing kits, 3 simple tools and 1 quality tools, i'm rich! I repair my down vest and break down a chair, when night tolls in an aurora does as well. 

image.thumb.png.c897490673241928682a6966da6352d1.png

Depending on the weather i'm either going to chop up more wood or head to the dam to get scrap metal. Or maybe neither, only time will tell! 

DAY 22, Neither

When I headed outside it was nice and sunny, the weather was a bit windy but thats alright. I think ill take advantage of this really warm and clear weather to go hack apart the closest cedar limbs! 

image.thumb.png.e9bb068dae207bf451089cdbd58f8024.png

Nope! 3 wolves were all guarding the entrance to the cedar limbs. So I headed over to my left and found some more wolves guarding the wood! So in defeat I headed back to the camp office and decided to take advantage of the weather. I started up a mag lens fire and brought a torch inside so I could boil water and make my coffee that I found. 

image.thumb.png.68ea30358e3b1a19d60b4bf03501d93c.png

I thought while I could boil the water I could also break this lamp down for scrap. BUT NO, apparently this metal lamp is the only thing you can't break down in here! Much like the blue chair at the trappers homestead this is pretty annoying >:( Ah well, whatever not like I care...

image.thumb.png.3eaecf801767dda064a5851c065177c9.png

While repairing my toque in looks as if i've leveled up! My day 59 character didn't even have mending 2 before he died, well this will help out! Tomorrow the dam! Hopefully.

DAY 23, Scrap 

Not much happened at the start of the day, all I did was head over to the dam. But when I tried to go for the maple sapling's a wolf's was guarding them, I tried to slip away but it began barking. I turned tail and ran all the way back behind a rock, I peeked out and it seemed to have walked off. I headed back towards the bottom of the dam, getting up on the hill and crouching to see whether or not there were any wolves. On slinked onto the train bridge and disappeared out of sight so it looks as if I remain sneaky I should be safe. 

image.thumb.png.68c9df6d836b3cc2d2bc0b42c8d013dd.png

I crouch down and approach from the side, I had left the gate door open so I slid in. I ran up right away into the dam and looked around. I decided to take 3 hours to saw a shelf, I then checked around the upper dam for anything I might have missed. The only thing I did miss was a trash can, which was surprisingly empty. 

image.thumb.png.708761f69ea13259a6f7e47c7b9a1a9e.png

Seeing as the blizzard was going to hit in the direction of home, then I decided against leaving and instead hunkered down in the dam for the night. I sawed more things for scrap and then read my book. Once I woke up again the blizzard had dispersed and I read the last hour of my book, leveling up my harvesting skill to level 3. :D

image.thumb.png.0edd7d815848930c6fee03d06c2b3da7.png

DAY 24, The lookout

After heading out of the dam I entered into the trailer area. I could spot a wolf over on the train bridge coming my way so I headed back down. When I reached the pond I decided to try and go for the maple saplings again. I crouch down and begin sawing one down, but just then a wolf rounds the corner. I get it in my inventory but i'm not sure if I should go for the second one... I do it, I begin hacking it down and just as I get in my pack the wolf barks so I dash like a madman again and head back to the camp office. Once there I deposit my loot and head over to the lookout tower to check for you know, loot. Loooooot, LOOOOOOT, LOOOOOT OH YES LOOT IT IS THE BEST THING EVER, LOOT IS MY ADDICTION!!!! Ahem, sorry about that, i'm just very passionate about loot.  

DkvAUFkUwAAdxTK.jpg

Inside I find a sewing kit, painkillers, a pot and guess what, a hammer! Jesus christ, this is like what? My third hammer? Wow, I would of preferred something like a bunch of fire strikers but thats ok. Plus all these ham ham's will mean I don't have to worry if one breaks! I also find a copy of sewing primer under the table, I read it fully and then go to sleep.

DAY 26, Forlorn Forging

image.thumb.png.2b87d02bf91a4a42c9d143c13851ef66.png

The wind, deciding to be super annoying started to blow in the direction of the old Spence. So instead I take refuge inside the poachers camp, starting up a warming fire with my magnifying lens. Once fog rolls in I take some torches and I head out. The first place I want to visit is the peanut butter overhang, but first I have to dodge some wolves to get there. I make my way across the snow and ice, relighting new torches with the dying embers of the old ones. 

image.thumb.png.e859afb3531e14c950dad67c0642438a.png

Well now I just need to get over to the old shed full of barrels. Across the ice I go, I notice a maple sapling but alas, I have no means to chop it down. Alright, i've made it to the shed, now I just have to scout out the perimeter for wolves. 

image.thumb.png.faa4c630252e46ea6d08f0b6db2879aa.png

There are two on the right and 2-3 on the left, I head up the snowy hill and rush over to the forge. I light it up with my only accelerant and dump wood on it until it's up to 12 hours. I loot the place and find coal, scrap, matches, a book on sewing, 2 firewood, 2 dog food, 1 accelerant and a scarf in the safe, and a new pair of trail boots by the crates. But on the tool case I find my first proper coat! 

image.thumb.png.bef8af1ab8a6b0c8bfe1e7a3bad78b7c.png

Now I just have to repair this and ill have about 2+ celsius to my name. I forge and boil water well into the night. I was at 20% condition so I drank an herbal tea. Ill continue to forge tomorrow.  

DAY 28, Heading back to ML

Sadly, this day was kinda boring but I do have highlights

• found some saplings

Dkv7x29V4AAAkuc.jpg

• Checked out high blind and now I have 4 accelerants! (2 from a crate at old Spence)

Dkv76iyVAAAED6v.jpg

I started a warming fire with my mag lens again in the boxcars. Once I headed out and towards the rail tunnel I almost went right through some wolves if I hadnt noticed them in time. For things that are pretty much completely black they sure do blend in eh? 

Dkv8AtUUUAAc4KX.jpg

I finally make my way into the rail tunnel and towards the trappers

Dkv8HjKU4AAPakC.jpg

Home safe!

DAY 29, Inconvenient wolves

Before I begin writing I want to apologize for not writing as much for the last updates as I was pretty tired and just wanted to get everything written down before I hit the hay, sorry! 

I wake up in the trappers I gather my stuff and I head out. It's windy, but clear so this should be good traveling weather. Little did I know that the local fauna had other plans! As I headed down a hill and up another towards the train tracks I was met with a not so pleasant surprise. 

image.thumb.png.d31090ffb7c0b0b2b2dbf2c82d42c39e.png

Ouch, well looks like i'm going to have to take the treacherous side path today. If you have no idea what i'm talking about you head off to the side of this little area and you find a trail that leads to the camp office. It cuts through a lot of wolf territory though, so I better have my gun at the ready. The wind of course rolls in right in front of me as I begin my walk. Heres a tip that may work sometimes and sometimes not, I learned it while walking against wind in PV. I was in the forest and I got behind a large rock and it blocked me from the wind allowing me to walk normally. I did the same with some hay barrels while in the fields. I make it to deadfall area and drop some cans so I can load up on reishi mushrooms. I manage to perfectly get 29.99 Kilos of gear, impressive! But while heading through a small passage I was greeted with this. 

image.thumb.png.ba50f9f01ae979354886d9b6868944a4.png

So practically scaling the cliffside I just barely squeezed by the wolf. I continue my walk and while making it towards the clearing leading up to the camp office and railroad tracks I was blocked once again. 

image.thumb.png.2400689bf67587d68701a27ee81f20db.png

This was a lot more tricky, I waited for the wolf to get onto the hill and I cut into the small overpass up behind it. I then went back down and headed towards the railroad. 

BUT OF COURSE A 3 WOLVES WERE PATROLLING THERE. So I crawled back up to the forestry lookout and camped there for the night. I read a fire starting book I had picked up. 

image.thumb.png.a98bc2947f75a3ea56e3c15dde45bde3.png

Alright well tomorrow the wolves will be gone, but oh how wrong I was... 

DAY 30, Plan B

image.thumb.png.2138ab0381eaee637bf66474eb55a3a1.png

While passing time after waking a blizzard rolled in :( So after smashing some furniture it finally calmed down into heavy snow. I made my way back to the bottom of the forestry lookout and headed onto the rocks to survey the area. 

image.thumb.png.c03e61b5b97cc780a4249394bca5f445.png

I run over my options in my head and come to a plan. Ill head down into the derailed boxcars, then ill head up onto the hills and rocks and go down to the camp office that way. So going across the rocks I headed down into the boxcars, but a wolf was getting near so I had to act fast. 

image.thumb.png.d52e5839ba7dec9a44a127ca7a9228e9.pngI

I rushed into the camp office, glad to be alive. I began repairing my badly damaged hacksaw with some of the scrap I brought from the trappers. I got it up to 75%. I then got to work on my survival bow. 

image.thumb.png.91fd0149c573294d46870cc917935b0f.png

and then finally, using the last of the daylight I made 7 arrows.

image.thumb.png.57016545298ca47bebfe9fc70163ab7c.pngArchery level 2! I plan on killing a rabbit and using its meat for bait, then I head out to PV so I can go to the TWM summit!

DAY 31, Bait

Went up to the mystery lake overlook to kill some bunnies. Which in my professional opinion are harder to kill then bears, there second only to moose. I have no idea if it is just me but seriously, killing these little turds with stones or arrows are impossible. If I had to wright down how long it took me to stun and kill these guys these updates would be a 500 page book long. And that is if I describe the experience simply! After a while I just took out my bow and shot one. But now I have bait!

DAY 32, Not so pleasant.

Now it is time to embark to pleasant valley! I will miss mystery lake, but I have to check the summit out sooner or later or else all the things up there will decay to 0%, accept for the salty crackers. Then ill probably check out HRV's signal fire for a mackinaw? Yeah that sounds pretty good. 

image.thumb.png.b036678a65cdb3c8d284326f3d64f4fa.png

Before I leave mystery lake the weather begins to clear, goodbye mystery lake, you gave me a hacksaw, a bedroll, and so much more. I get inside, going down the staircase towards the belly of the beast. Times like these make me wish fluffy was still here so I could pop an arrow between her eyes, ahhh memories... Well no time to dilly dally. I make my way to the lower dam and into the winding river, I scale the rocks and I head towards the cave for a warm up. 

image.thumb.png.678ab4ea01e2226d4f8f4713569a6007.png

Looks like I missed some matches last time I was here! Isn't that a pleasant find? (Pun intended) I go back out, dropping some cans so I can make room for cattails. I make my way along the river, stopping briefly to pick more cattails. I make my way over to carter hydro dam, I light up my lantern and I step inside. 

image.thumb.png.dcfff5b1fcf8cabcc3de6d2bfcfe3324.png

I don't have much light left in the lantern so I head straight for the exit, skipping all the cairns. I make my way up the rocky slope, heading across the old planks. I enter into a dark tunnel and then up ahead I see it! I turn off my lantern and step into the light of pleasant valley. To be perfectly honest with you I don't know my way around pleasant valley that well, just how to get to certain key locations and thats it. Im pretty sure that signal hill is near here, all I have to do is find a hunters blind. 

image.thumb.png.2484471d5d116ff628799faea60f83f8.png

After a bit of wandering I find it, now I think I just have to head straight forward of this thing. Turning around I head due well, "straight" and I come across a path plowed in the snow. I think this leads up to the signal hill, and aha it does! I see the tower sticking up in the distance. I head that way, chopping down an over encumbering maple sapling. I head up to signal hill, but I do have time to snap this nice pic! 

image.thumb.png.98ec2f33f4a2ba80041e00851b93d6b9.png

Though sadly, I cant say its that original, everyone who goes up here when its clear takes a screenshot! I head into signal hill and I find coffee, pinnacle peaches, a tin of sardines, a flare, a sewing kit, work gloves, and a sweatshirt. That coffee is very nice! I plan on making a fire since i'm running low on water and would like to boil some coffee while i'm at it. I gather some firewood and I begin boiling in the fire barrel outside of the radio hut. But I barely get into boiling my water before an aurora rolls in, I take my .50 liters and begin boiling again. After melting a can of snow I hear a roar, oh F@$%, I turn around and I see an aurora bear charging me. I run like hell inside and leave all the stuff I dropped out there on the ground. I just barely make it inside, a bear comes up here? REALLY? Forgive me for my stupidity, I do not spend that much time in pleasant valley. I check my pack, I only have .50 liters of water. This wouldn't of been a concern but I had dropped all my tea by the fire so I would have to scroll all the way down for a while just to boil some coffee. Good ol' lazy me...

image.thumb.png.437dbb439bbd4ec42b2bd6e2aac84bfa.png

I leave you with this, will I survive? Or will I collapse of thirst and get mauled by a bear...? Find out after this commercial break!

DAY 33, C:coffee:ffee! 

As it turns out the bear must of got bored of hanging around signal hill and left. I collect all my stuff that I left out and made my way onto the road. I then scampered over the fence and into the orchard of the pleasant valley farmstead. 

image.thumb.png.af48cb9c1fb3f3506c6c9e34ec386090.png

Looks like the bear is wandering about over here today, well best keep my distance. I head over to the basement first to pick up some matches, I find some quality tools but sadly no clothing in the washer and dryer :( 

image.thumb.png.737ee493b8bcc0480122ecffbb1d43f0.png

What loot awaits me in here? let us find out! I step inside and clear the place out. Heres the list of everything if you wanted to hear it.

• Toilet water!
  • 2 cans o' peaches
  • cooking pot
  • books
  • cooking skill book
  • wool socks
  • baseball hat
  • sports vest
  • sewing kit
  • But most importantly... Coffffeeeeee! 2 tins of the sweet stuff in fact! 

I broke down plenty of stuff in the house and started up a fire! I quickly set to work boiling water and coffee, but soon after boiling my third cup of joe. 

image.thumb.png.b1fc3de61a6a63a92160a34326e0fca5.png

Looks like I don't need no can opener no more! I forgot I dumped all the tea on the near the stove and I was completely perplexed while there was a such a loud and constant boiling noise, I though it was a glitch, :S Oops! 

image.thumb.png.2570d13592ae3d0c011d1bd6dec43fe2.png

Mmmmm, 17 warm cups of joe. Tomorrow, the mountaineers hut!

DAY 35, The mountain

Before I begin Id like to say i'm starting to suspect that the dates being mixed up isn't my fault. I check almost every time and then I wright down the day, so really i'm not to sure whats going on. 

I wake up and its about early noon, I head outside and the wind is blowing in the direction of Timberwolf. :/ How come this game always now's which way to blow the wind just to make it perfectly inconvenient? Well heading towards the river and cross under the bridge and I pick some cattails. I do avoid all the other ones though as I need to get to the mountaineers hut as fast as possible. Finally after what seems like forever I make it to the point of disagreement. Now my theory is that in the climbers journal page he states that he wonders why his friends are taking so long to get here. And I think on the night of the aurora all of his friends drove towards the rope but all there cars short circuited and crashed into each other, killing them all. I warm up in the survivalists bunker, chugging a coffee I head up the rope. 

image.thumb.png.5a76344146af5dc4af0889b0e2ca99ce.png

Well, now all I have to do is make it to the hut. The moose has decided not to spawn by the hut for today so looks like I have clear passage. I make my way there, picking up as many sticks as I can find for the fire i'm going to have to make. Heading over to the hut I step inside and pillage the place, no hacksaw or hammer, but there is a can of dog food on the shelf, antibiotics in the med kit, matches on the mantle piece, a ragged light shell in the hatch, and the guaranteed firewood by the fire place. When I check under the bed for what coat I get I find a nice surprise!

image.thumb.png.0c6845bf278df21041d8d1a55e5976c3.png

Looks like if I make it to the summit ill have 2 ski jackets to my name! Starting a fire I pour enough firewood to last me the night. I take a torch and head out to the fishing hut, theres a fishing skill book and a heavy hammer! I boil water and then I go to bed. Tomorow, the summit! 

Day 36, Almost there

image.thumb.png.36928227f8e10625b8734d3f6c8ca708.png

A bear and a wolf lurk on my side, is freezing but the warm coffee I drank is preventing me from getting hypo risk instantly. Looking around for the way down into the ravine I get sort of lost but I find my bearings. The first hurdle i have to get past on my way to the summit is a wolf blocking the path to a rope. Now I wouldn't technically have to go past it, but the way around it requires me to get past a bear, wolves, a rope climb, and a trek through a cave. So instead Im going to head this way and just deal with the wolf head on. I make my way down into the wolves lair, i'm going to want to grab the stuff in the cargo container so shooting the wolf in the face is a must. 

image.thumb.png.6968d851d9663b4c9f41289056004f3b.png

Well that was easy! Checking the cargo the most notable thing is a thin wool sweater, hooray! Making my way into the cave by the wolf's lair I sleep for 2 hours to lose my fatigue. I head out and into a large cave, the weather is looking like a blizzard, but I cant tell just yet. I find a 100% torch, an accelerant, firewood, and matches!

image.thumb.png.949572bcc7e708f955c8728fbcbfbed6.png\

Its raining matches! I head up towards the climbing rope, I realize a little to late i'm carrying the heavy hammer. So dropping it at the base of the rope I begin my coffee infused climb. Once I reach the top I have to avoid a wolf and I go over to a cargo crate. It only has some cloth and scrap, but the bottom container has 3 tomato soups for me. Making my way over to the last rope before the final summit climb a wolf barks at me, its pretty far and the blizzard has just rolled in so i'm not dealing with it. Sprinting up the rope I drink 2 coffees and I head up the rope. I just barely make it up to secluded shelf, I step inside the cave and I light up my torch. Heading throughout the dark rocky halls I find a corpse in the snow.

image.thumb.png.d36a0431dc244ab6fe77e3da905d9700.png

A corpse with a magnifying lens? Well thats my second mag lens! I stop at the exit of the cave, I decided to repair my bedroll as it has low condition but when I see an option to change which tool I would like to repair it with I find this as an option. 

image.thumb.png.22dc19560a6c06470812e72f78044648.png

I had no idea that this was an option, checking my sewing skill it says nothing about being able to repair something with no sewing kit. I check this out on other clothing but it doesn't say anything. Repairing my bedroll I head off to bed, ready to climb to the summit tomorrow 

Archived