Item placing requires too much free space around items

NoNameProvided

Since the latest feature update, item placement requires too much free space around items, what makes it impossible to store items "realistically" outside of storage units. Until the last update one could eg stack cans next to each other on a shelf a way what was looking good, now you cant.

I hope this can be reverted to the previous behavior.

screen_(-2, 1, 4)_7a4acdda-2399-40db-a9b5-7c93bef4fec5.png

screen_(-2, 2, 2)_729771e9-621b-46d2-8914-734f3793a87d.png

screen_(-3, 2, 7)_231e627b-ac1e-456b-9e7f-8b78af15daeb.png

+1 on this suggestion. I remember when it was easier, and then started to wonder if players started to exploit something in game? Can't imagine what that could be, or why it changed in the first place? I've noticed it on all items, slanted ground with caves, arrows. Even noticed difficulty trying to place a bedroll near a fire.

I have also noticed this issue with item placement as well and can get annoying fast.

I'm not sure if this game has collision box dimensions on each object, if so maybe that has changed somehow or the object sizes have changed, either way it needs looking into. Hopefully the devs are already on to it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback regarding the margins of space around placed items! We'll take a look at how placed items are spaced in the game environment.

If you notice anything else that seems mechanically off or out of place in the game, you can also post about it in our Technical Discussions sub forum, or submit a report to our Public Bug Database.

Archived