Beds and better cars

Swope25

Hello all, I come here with another idea, will it be possible to add some sort of clothing system for beds? It sounds weird I know, but right now almost every bed offers the same amount of warmth bonus when you sleep or pass the time. For instance, being able to find better blankets or pillows to help keep warm at night, do you think something like this could ever be considered? And about cars, you can recover rest inside of them, but it’s almost certain death if you sleep through the whole night in a car, what if you could lay some blankets down in the back seat and cover the car windows with cardboard or even reclaimed wood to keep more of the heat inside, or even turn a car into a make shift hunting stand, meaning you would have to bust the windows and bear the wind while you sit and wait fir your prey. That’s all for me, have a good one and keep up the good work.

sincerely- 

Swope25 

Being able to build a sleeping spot for caves like you see in wintermute at the plane crash would be neat, furnishing it with furs to make it warmer would be even better. Maybe being able to build a bed that gives you improved rest over the bedroll in a favorite cave spot. But it would take a lot of the pressure to find your bedroll out of interloper early game, so it would take some balancing.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the ability to craft a bed as a permanent fixture.  Something with a high material cost and long crafting time, but once placed, becomes permanent and requires no upkeep. 

Just spitballing here, but 5 bear skins, 20 gut, 100 tinder plugs (for stuffing) and 50 hours crafting time at a workbench, you get a bearskin bed weighing 15kg.  You then have lug that massive thing to where you want to drop it, select it via the campcraft menu, and plop it into place.  It is now a permanent bed wherever you dropped it.

I'd like to see having a base 'bed' that gives zero warmth bonus, like of like the sleeping spot on cave floors.  Cars would fall into this category

Beds would have blankets.  Most cabin beds would have 1-3 blankets which could be 'harvested' or 'added to'  

Number of blankets = increase warmth bonus.

In addition to blankets you could also add your bedroll and cured furs

(there'd be a max amount warmth bonus gainable though...i'm thinking 15...slightly more than bearskin roll)

I'd set 2 degree per blanket, 1 degree per deer hide, 4 degree per moose, 6 degree per bear, 5 degree per bedroll (less with condition), 12 degree per berskin bedroll

Blanket can be harvested for 5 cloth,

3 blankets can be crafted into 1 bedroll  (yes, it would be more warmth to add 3 blankets to a bed than to take 3 blankets and craft a bedroll then add bedroll...but bedroll can be used anywhere for sleep blankets only work with beds, you are basically 'wasting' one blanket for this versatility)

Bearskin bedroll would take 2 bearskins plus 5 cloth...the same basic materials as adding a blanket.

I do NOT think you should be able to craft blankets out of spare cloth.  If you can't find any more blankets in the world you better kill a couple bears and add some cloth!

Archived