Bunch of Playtest feedback

Gleudal

Hej hej!

Here comes a couple of ideas from my current run for even more improvement:

- change the ability to read books when sick. The only afflictian, that I have is intestinal parasites. I dont see why this would hinder me to read a book. Also some other injuries wont cause me to not read a book like bruisings, broken ribs or other stuff - infact - when I am sick and I need time to regenerate, I always pick a book to read. Its far more realistic to take this time to cure, instead of running around the world.

- radial menu. I really like the new cooking system, its what I wanted for years! It would be great, if the radial-menu always preselectes one source of uncooked meat or prepared berrys to quick-use it on the cookingplace. Right now I need to go in the Inventory, and mark several pieces of meat to add to the radial, which isnt making my gameplay faster, but slower. Just program some intelligent preselection for the radial. For example some of the older stuff, that needs to be eaten before it starts making you sick, some meat, that is heavy and needs to be reduced for weight and some cookable stuff for quick cooking actions.

- new craftable: some kind of outdoor food-bunker. As food decays muuuuuuch slower outdoors its a vital gameplayelement for me to store it outside in my giant fridge. Best are places without predators, like the stairs in front of a building, where wolfes dont go. Besides that a unrealisitc part of the game it would be great to grab some of these plastic or metal containers and place them outside and dig them into the snow and mark them with something for me. So I coudl store that bear or moose-meat and still use all of it.

- intestial parasites: some tool, that shows me when I can take the next effective portion of antibiotics, so that I dont need to waste it, while trying.

- stop bears glitching into cars, after they charge you right next to the door. eventually it would be a nice gameplay-event, if bears start to move the car around, trying to get you.

- more mobility within cars. would be great to turn more around to see the wolf in my back. or to change seats to get a better escape position or to get to the backseats to grab stuf from there without leaving the car.

- make radial or status accessible while walking or running. it interrupts gameplay when I need to stop to quickcheck my status.

- make sprinting possible while straving fore- and sideward at once. thats pretty much the same like turning my head a bit while running, which is absolutly possible.

- re-think the campfire: I hunted a bear and harvested 36 kg of meat. I start an gigantic campfire, that lasts 5 or 6h. but I can cook only 2 kilogram of meat at once? not sure how to make that better, but right now its a bit unrealistic - maybe use stones for craftable additional cooking-possibilities around a campfire or something like that.

- base-renovation: I like to choose some nice house in a map and start to gather all the stuff around that in my so chosen base. I would really like to have the possibility to tidy up lost places - no more paper snippets, fallen chairs and stuff. Together with this optical improvements I propose an indoor system overhaul - make interior temperatures colder in general, let us heat an oven to put it up for some period of time and let us make or place curtains, mattrasses or other stuff to barricade the windows so that the warmth stays longer inside. let the house loose warmth when opening the door. Would be a great part of basebuilding experiance for long-term gameplay and  think it would fit great in the concept of the world is getting colder over time.

- reprogram places, where I cant move across a garden fence, that is to 98% sunk in the snow. or where I cant move in between two mobile toilets (Milton Region)

Thats all, that was on my mind for now.

You did a great job Hinterland! Keep up the great work!

Archived