Survival Roulette

FunkyFuggerson

So ive done this a few times before but never shared it with anybody else, I call it Survival Roulette.

So I used this https://www.random.org/lists/ For most of the things

What I did is I listed out a random clothing item for each slot, For the head section I would list down Wool toque, wool scarf etc. And randomize it, then pick the top thing on the list as my clothing item for that slot. Now do this with each clothing slot and voila! NOTE: You can have 2 coats, but not 2 undershirts and hats, as well as pants, and underwear. Socks are fair game. 

Now you list all the regions and randomize it, the first region will be the one you start in. 

Then choose the difficulty, (by listing all difficulties) Randomize, then the number 1 will be your difficulty. Exclude custom and pilgrim, or not, though both kinda break the point of the roulette. Also, if one of your clothing items is not obtainable on interloper just randomize until you get one thats on interloper.

Then I randomize it for either carnivore (Only eats meat, and meat related food such as pork and beans, beef jerky, does not use wild edibles.) Vegetarian, (Only eats wild edibles and any food without meat) or Living off the land, Eats wild edibles and meat, but no human-made food. 

Here comes the longest part, Randomize which locations you can loot in each region. Some rules for this are 1: Do not loot any other area's besides ones stated. 2: Feel free to fully loot any transition zones. 3: You may get coal from caves, but only the coal. 4: If for some reason you don't find any heavy hammer or hacksaws in the buildings, feel free to look in other buildings were they spawn, but only grab the hammer or hacksaw. 5: Beach combing is available. 6: if you don't get any of the forges you can forge there but no looting or breaking anything down. Forgot to mention you cant break anything down in any building that isn't available for looting. 7, You can kill and use any wild resources around and near un-lootable places. 

Just stick these into the randomizer or do a coinflip for the 2 options ones.

Mystery Lake... Carter Damn and lake cabins, Camp office and Fishing Huts, Trappers Cabin and Caves.

Coastal Highway... Quonset garage and all trailers, All cabins and Houses, Ice fishing huts and Cars

Desolation Point... Hibernia processing, Church and Riken, Light House, all cars , and abandoned mine number 5. 

Pleasant valley... Pleasant valley farmstead and Outbuildings, Radio Hut and rural crossroads, Pensive pond, picnic area, draft dodgers cabin, skeeters ridge, all caves, exposed outdoor buildings (Such as derelict cabins) and three strikes farmstead.

Timberwolf Mountain... Mountaineers hut, all loot that spawns in caves and other places, and all scattered cargo, all corpses, Timberwolf mountain summit and plane crash. 

Forlorn Muskeg... Old Spence family farmstead, Radio Tower and both derailments, All other loot in regions, Hunting blinds, caves, and corpses.

Broken railroad... Hunting lodge Or Maintenance Yard and shed.

Milton... Grey mothers house and bank, Paradise meadows farm and plane crash, Gas station and Houses. 

Hushed river valley... Ice cave and all caves, Signal fire and Cache's.

After that I like to set a goal, such as survive 50 days, craft a bear hide coat and bear hide bedroll, Fully map a region or two, Kill a bunch of wildlife, or just see how far I can go. 

I know some of you reading this might not think this is very fun, but remember, You don't have to play Russian roulette with a pistol, you could do it with a bazooka. (Im saying feel free to change rules, make ones up, create challenges.) If you need any rule clarification just ask. I hope you enjoy trying this out!

EDIT: Here's a list of clothing so you don't have to type it all out, 

Balaclava

Baseball cap

Bearskin coat

Cargo pants

Climbing socks

Clothing

Template:Clothing

Combat boots

Combat pants

Cotton scarf

Cotton socks

Cotton toque

Cowichan sweater

Deerskin boots

Deerskin pants

Down vest

Dress shirt

Driving gloves

Expedition parka

Fisherman's sweater

Fleece cowl

Fleece mittens

Gauntlets

Hoodie

Insulated boots

Insulated vest

Jeans

Leather shoes

Light shell

Long wool scarf

Mackinaw jacket

Mariner's pea coat

Military coat

Moose-hide cloak

Moose-hide satchel

Mountaineering boots

Mukluks

Old fashioned parka

Plaid shirt

Rabbitskin mitts

Running shoes

Simple parka

Ski boots

Ski gloves

Ski jacket

Sneakers

Snow pants

Sport vest

Sports socks

Sweatshirt

T-Shirt

Thermal underwear

Thick wool sweater

Thin wool sweater

Trail boots

Urban parka

Windbreaker

Wolfskin coat

Wool ear wrap

Wool longjohns

Wool mittens

Wool scarf

Wool shirt

Wool socks

Wool toque

Work boots

Work gloves

Work pants

Heres the list for Regions loot spots

Carter Damn and lake cabins, Camp office and Fishing Huts, Trappers Cabin and Caves.

Quonset garage and all trailers, All cabins and Houses, Ice fishing huts and Cars

Hibernia processing, Church and Riken, Light House, all cars , and abandoned mine number 5. 

Pleasant valley farmstead and Outbuildings, Radio Hut and rural crossroads, Pensive pond, picnic area, draft dodgers cabin, skeeters ridge, all caves, exposed outdoor buildings (Such as derelict cabins) and three strikes farmstead.

Mountaineers hut, all loot that spawns in caves and other places, and all scattered cargo, all corpses, Timberwolf mountain summit and plane crash. 

Old Spence family farmstead, Radio Tower and both derailments, All other loot in regions, Hunting blinds, caves, and corpses.

Hunting lodge Or Maintenance Yard and shed.

Grey mothers house and bank, Paradise meadows farm and plane crash, Gas station and Houses. 

Ice cave and all caves, Signal fire and Cache's.

Im might be posting a Roulette survival story soon so keep your eyes peeled open to show the insides.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

Looking back at this post it really wasn't structured that well for others to understand eh?

The list of all clothing in the game made it into a TL;DR wall of text for me. We can all go to Fandom Wiki- Clothing to see every piece available in the game. Bullet points or more distinct sections, using the [Shift]+[Enter] function for better spacing between lines, to make paragraphs... would make it easier to read, and not make my eyes bleed so badly, trying to follow it. 

Lol! I do enjoy stream-of-consciousness writing, but for stories or poems, not for rulebooks, guides or instruction sets. 

But it does look interesting, if I can work my way through it, without my eyes crossing, to figure out what the rules actually are. :P

Archived