Wolves getting "dizzy" when hit with the hammer?

Mixxut

My latest interloper run has been pretty action packed. After finally arriving to ML from the ravine I thought that I had survived the most challenging part of my run from TWM to camp office.

But of course the carter dams local wolf had to be there. It attacked me once but I managed to win the struggle with my hammer without bad condition loss. Shortly after returning from the dam the wolf surprised me again and this time the struggle was longer, but my heavy hammer saved me again. I ran to the near trailer to heal myself.

When I came out of the trailer I almost shat my pants. The wolf was still hanging around the trailers and was right on my face when I came out. But the wolf just turned around and started slowly walking away from me. By slowly I mean really slowly. It looked really odd. I went under the bridge to collect some cattails and when I climbed out and was ready to continue I turned around and the wolf was on the bridge.

Again. it was slowly walking, this time towards me. But it didn't bark or growl, it just walked. It never spotted me  (I also had two scent bars.) It just slowly walked in a random direction. I was so confused that I didn't even remember to take screenshots.

So my question is does anyone know if hitting a wolf with the heavy hammer has a chance to make them dizzy? I have never seen a wolf behave like this so I don't know is this completely normal or was that wolf just bugged. If anyone knows anything, please tell me!:wolf:

I don't know about dizzy, but when the new struggle mechanic was introduced last year I tested all the weapons for wear taken during a struggle.   Since wolves just run from hammer I decided to test a few times on the same wolf instead of resetting after each struggle.   The hammer actually killed the wolf on the third struggle; it just dropped dead on the spot.

My guess is that your slo-mo wolf is almost dead. Shoot it with an arrow... pelt it with rocks... harsh language... something! :D

22 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

I don't know about dizzy, but when the new struggle mechanic was introduced last year I tested all the weapons for wear taken during a struggle.   Since wolves just run from hammer I decided to test a few times on the same wolf instead of resetting after each struggle.   The hammer actually killed the wolf on the third struggle; it just dropped dead on the spot.

My guess is that your slo-mo wolf is almost dead. Shoot it with an arrow... pelt it with rocks... harsh language... something! :D

Oh, that's pretty intresting! I must return there some day and check if the wolf is still slo-moing around or is it dead :P

That's fascinating. I noticed the hammer has a high chance of scoring a one-hitter-quitter (short fight with little damage to the character) but never thought about the blunt force trauma. Anyway I think fighting and then needing to finish off the wolf is still a bit too risky and unpractical.

Archived