Fun in the dark in the sun

Klobberthon

I just wanted to say how cool it is to have zero visibility in buildings while light streams in through the windows.  The best part is scanning in the pitch black with the cursor in case there is a candy bar in a corner or a bed somewhere in the abyss.

Some might say wait until nightfall when the visibility improves so that my survivor can see what they are doing.  But how then, I ask, would I get to experience blind rummaging and fumbling?!  I would never get a break from all the boring exploring, crafting, cooking, hunting, mapping, item-finding, decision making, risk taking and other aggravating, unwanted distractions in the game!  I just want to point my cursor aimlessly in the dark for cripe's sake.

My suggestion is to make it full-on dark during the daylight OUTSIDE as well.  That way I won't get distracted anymore.

3 minutes ago, Spakerman said:

Anyone else smell sarcasm?  it's faint... but I think I smell it.

If you carefully read between the lines I think there might be some sarcasm in there:ph34r:

But for real isn't this game supposed to be "The Long Dark"? Where is my darkness??;)

1 hour ago, Klobberthon said:

Every time I'm about to enter the PV barn

hello-darkness-jon-snow.gif.4cf829986f21f15622f2d4e06caac2af.gif

Haha, once I accidentaly slept the whole day in that barn because it was so darkO.o

When I woke up at night and it was lighter I tried to repair my clothes and I got so confused when it was "too dark to repair"

On 16.7.2018 at 6:48 PM, Spakerman said:

Anyone else smell sarcasm?  it's faint... but I think I smell it.

No, definitely not. The Hinterland forums is a civilised place, and sarcasm is generally frowned upon here. The bad thing about sarcasm is that people who are being sarcastic say the opposite of what they actually mean! It stands to reason that this is very confusing for some forum users, that it causes misunderstandings, aggravation, frustration... I am happy that we don't have sarcasm here, and I would like it to remain that way!

Archived