Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Batch Files

5 posts in this topic

In the Technical FAQ topic, under the section 'How do I run the game in Borderless Window Mode?', it states:

'There is a tld_borderless.bat and tld_borderless_dx11.bat that you can use to launch the game like this.'

Where do I find these batch files in the GOG version?

I've done a search through the install directory and there are no batch files of any kind.

Thank you!

Hi Hawk, the DX9 and Borderless Window bats are usually in the same folder you installed the game Executable to. Are you not seeing them in there?

If you are simply trying to play the game in Window Mode, you can also choose this option from in the game at OPTIONS > DISPLAY > SCREEN MODE .

Thanks for your reply.

No. Nothing. As I mentioned, I did a search through the install folder and there are no batch files of any kind.

I was under the impression that the batch files were there for Steam users but possibly not for others.

I was just curious as to why I couldn't find them or if I was looking in the wrong place.

BTW! If I use a command line switch, such as the DX9 switch, is that entered outside of the quotation marks, like this?

"Drive:\The Long Dark\tld.exe" -force-d3d9

Thanks for the answer, Hawk. You're right, the GoG version doesn't include those bat files -- although that may be something we look into for the future.

Yes, if you are adding command line arguments, the parameter should be added after the file location and outside the quotation marks.

Thank you. :)

It would be a good idea to consider adding those batch files to versions other than the Steam release. ;)

• Upvote 1