Where can I find the maps of the regions up to date ? [SPOILERS]

FireCraft78

Hello, I really enjoyed the work done by whiteberry with TLD maps nevertheless I'm very disapointed he stopped updating them.

Since he stopped updating them, I quit a bit the game because the maps were part of my playstyle : preparing trips, places to stop and rest, putting objectives (such as Timberwolf summit) etc...

So I know the devs added the possibility to do your own maps within the game but it's not the same, there aren't all the details, and you must first explore the area.

Thus I started to search for new maps up to date but I didn't find any which are really up to date (only in the recent posts about HRV). That's why I'm asking you : do you know where can I have all the maps ? Or if you did some detailed map yourself, don't hesitate to share them, I think the maps are one of the best content to share between players !

Thank you. :)

Whiteberry's maps are still useful but if you explore your game enough you will memorize your way around. Pay attention to landmarks. Or mark certain paths with stones or something.

There are some new topographic maps by some guy on the steam forum which you could search for.

Whiteberry is a "she" btw, not a "he", lol! And she is quite a busy person IRL, she did the maps on her own time, and stopped when we got Cartography in-game, and was a bit busy with other things in her life.

The topo maps in the Steam Guides are interesting, seeing the elevations is nice, if you are into topography. But, they are less detailed as far as spawn locations for start points, item spawns, and even some better known landmarks. I find them too "busy" to really use. Some of the maps people have made using cartography from the game, with charcoal, and from people who mapped every single inch of every region... I find those more useful, even if they do not show elevation changes. 

1 hour ago, TheEldritchGod said:

Been working on combining the two.

https://imgur.com/a/2lNTubH

Wow nice ! :o That will help me a lot ! I'm just curious : did you take screen shots from above ? Because the map background is like in the game.

If you have not already done it, make a steam guide or find a way to share your maps because I didn't find them when I was searching on internet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @TheEldritchGod I've shared your maps with other players and here are some feedbacks I had :

You did a small mistake on naming the maps : Coastal Highway is marked as Crumbling Highway,

The entrance/exit points between maps are not indicated on all places in a number of maps: e.g. Coastal Highway to Crumbling Highway and Pleasant Valley to Coastal Highway. Also, these signs are difficult to make out, perhaps a colour marking would be of help.

It would be nice to see some sort of key for the maps since a few icons are hard to understand,

When will HRV map be fully released ? Btw what is this LMG cave on top left of HRV map ?

I wanted to thank you again for this amazing work and hope you will continue to update / improve these maps !

Thanks @Drifter Man! Once I thought there was nothing more to discover on that stalker run for the HRV map I started using different Pilgrim runs, that's how I found all(?) the Start location points among other new things.

I pretty much run along those edges taking debug screenshots (pressing F8) in the game and use the coordinates from those screenshots to map the terrain.

18 hours ago, Stray Wolf said:

Thanks @Drifter Man! Once I thought there was nothing more to discover on that stalker run for the HRV map I started using different Pilgrim runs, that's how I found all(?) the Start location points among other new things.

I pretty much run along those edges taking debug screenshots (pressing F8) in the game and use the coordinates from those screenshots to map the terrain.

That gives your work all the more value, it must take a ton of patience.

I have a very simple script in python that takes all screenshots on the desktop, orders them by the time they were taken, extracts the coordinates from their file names (i.e. accurate to the nearest meter, not to 0.1 m) and dumps these coordinates in a csv file as three columns. PM me if you think you could use it.

Archived