Rose Hip Quantity

Ice Hole

The quantity of rose hips is always eight no matter which bush. Someone out there is a perfect pruner.

Already the reishi mushrooms are random between 1-3 per stump.

Enthusiasm is rare when finding a single rose hip in a waste container because now I just need to find seven more to do anything useful.  If the number of rose hips per bush were random it could make up for the odd rose hip found inside containers.  Maybe the numbers should be from three to eleven per bush.

Another option is to reduce the number of rose hips when cooking.  With advanced cooking skill the number of rose hips needed to make tea is reduced.

• 1 month later...

I Agree, but I would make it 3-20 rosehips on plants. I remember last summer, me and my mom went to the old trailer park that is being cleared out. Raspberry and rosehips remain there and no one picks them. There was one rosehip bush that had so many rosehips that we filled one of those large plastic popcorn bowls with fresh rosehips. I cut them in half, put them in the dehydrator and then grinded it into a powder, filled a tupperware with the powder and used the powder for tea throughout the winter. I leave the seeds in the powder, and I don't strain the powder and seeds out. This way I get the little floating seeds that I like to chew on while sipping the tea. Anyways, the point is that I got a lot of rosehips. I don't know how much is harvestable in the winter though. I never tried harvesting in the winter. 

@XAlaskan_420X

That is a cool memory.  How did the tea taste?  What ratio of rose hip powder to water did you use?  Did you drink the powder?  I would like munching the seeds too.

The number of rose hips in game available per bush I am just not certain what it should be.  

Another option is for the number of rose hips per region remains the same but the distribution is changed.  For example if ML has a total of 240 rose hips then each bush has eight and there would be 30 rose hip bushes. 

To re distribute take the same number of rose hips bushes and change bushes to produce variable rose hips. The total to the ML region still adds up to 240 rose hips.  Game balance remains and rose hip quantity per bush random.

11 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

That is a cool memory.  How did the tea taste?  What ratio of rose hip powder to water did you use?  Did you drink the powder?  I would like munching the seeds too.

I used a coffee maker. 2-3 spoonfull straight into the coffee pot and 2 and a half cups of water into the water tank and that fills up my coffee mug with the rosehip tea. Instead of putting the powder into the coffee filter, I just put it into the coffee pot and the hot water goes in there and mixes and dissolves a lot of it. I do end up with some sediment that rests at the bottom of my coffee mug, but I like it that way because it adds more flavor to the tea and I get seeds. It tastes really good, but I think it is an acquired taste. It taste strange the first time, but it gets better and better  and pretty soon your always wanting it.
I could also just add the powder into the coffee mug and then boil water in a pot on the stove and then add the water to the mug and stir to get the same result. So it is kinda like tang. I saw some dried rosehips and fredmeyers, I think I will get some of those. I moved 2 months ago to Wasilla. So there are no fresh grown rosehips near us that we can pick that I am aware of :'(

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 3:08 AM, XAlaskan_420X said:

it adds more flavor to the tea and I get seeds

Just recently enjoying saskatoon berry jam.  Have not had this in years and the best part was finding seeds in the jam.  I am going to have to suggest trying these berries if you like munching  seeds.  I used to eat them straight off the bush and the best part was the nutty seeds.  

Image result for saskatoon berry

Archived