Severe FPS drop

Gr0dede

Hello everyone,

I stop playin this game couple of month ago, it runs on full ultra 60fps constantly.

For 2 days now, i reinstalled it, but it's pretty unplayable...

In some indoor, on ultra or low, i cant have 60 fps...

Turn off ssao helped but it's not suffician...

Any idea? My drivers ar up to date, all of them.

Spec:

I7 3770

rx 570

12Gb RAM

128Gb SSD

Thanks

tld_2018_07_10_20_52_26_113.png

Hello again,

FYI, i tried all of what is on the post on this forum for graphical problem, even dx9, nothing change.

here is my log

I saw that my Vram is only 3GB on this log, but i have 4Gb of Vram, dont know if it's an issue or not...

Thanks again for your work.

Edit: More information, with ssao disabled, indoor fps is "ok" (50-60fps) but when i turn on a flare or a light, it's drop to 35-45 fps.

output_log.txt

Hi Gr0dede, thanks for your post, and for providing your debug log. Frame rate drops can have a very wide range of causes, we do our best to ensure the game runs smoothly on as many systems as possible.

Are you only seeing lower frame rates in certain locations? If so, what are some examples?
What would you say your average frame rate is in these areas?

If you haven't tried them yet, our Technical FAQ post has some suggestions for improving performance which you may find helpful. 

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply.

On ultra, i'm on 60 fps constant outdoor. GPU at 75-100% usage so far so good.

Indoor, i'm at 35-45 fps on ultra, and maybe 45-50 fps on low, i see a lot of drop when i turn on a light source indoor when it's dark. GPU at 0-95% usage...

It's on every indoor i know, when i look at a windows when it's day, my fps drop with the light.

I dont know about coding game but i think about some lighting reflexion maybe can cause that, i dont know.

I already try the technical FAQ, even lauche the game on dx9 but nothing change.

My screenshot is on the gas station on coastal highway.

I continue to play the game but i hope you can find a solution.

Thanks again for the good work.

Thanks for the information! We're looking into replicating this on our side to help us investigate, but so far we haven't been successful.

Do you see a noticeable change if you turn off only shadows?

If you haven't already done so, check that your system isn't overheating. A hot CPU isn't good for frame rates.

Hello, thanks for your respond.

As you can see on my screenshot upthere, my cpu is at 15% usage and 45°C and my gpu is at 53% usage and 55°C...

If i turn of or on shadow that doesnt change a thing, it's very noticeable with the ssao turned off or on, but even at full low graphic, i have some fps drop when i walk near a windows indoor on daylight... strange.

Thanks for the works again

• 2 weeks later...

Archived