Have Survivor weather. loot and wildlife defaults changed with Vigilant Flame?

Gazbeard

I've noticed on my my new playthroughs for YouTube and Twitch that the weather seems much more extreme in different survivor modes, and that wildlife got a lot more aggressive (especially on Forlorn Muskeg - three bears at once and me in the middle ... on Voyageur?).  Also the loot tables seem to have changed noticeably - no red toolset in Mystery Lake, Muskeg and Broken Railroad.

Has anyone else noticed these changes, or is my installation borked? 

My current Voyageur run on Twitch feels like Interloper weather and Stalker wildlife with strategically trimmed Voyageur loot.  I started the run with default settings last week.

That is odd. It does seem as though some things were changed according to your account. I have noticed that weather, wildlife, and loot amounts seem different. I typically spend my LD runs on voyager (just because I like the balance) and I have noticed that loot found throughout the world generally tends to be lower quality than before the update. Not to mention I have noticed more wolves hanging around. All though you could chalk this all up to my imagination. ?

The only difference I've noticed so far is that sticks seem more abundant now.  I'll collect sticks and go in a house or cave for a bit, come back out an hour or two later, and find more sticks in the same area.  Maybe it's my imagination as well.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎06 at 10:16 AM, MrWolf said:

The only difference I've noticed so far is that sticks seem more abundant now.  I'll collect sticks and go in a house or cave for a bit, come back out an hour or two later, and find more sticks in the same area.  Maybe it's my imagination as well.

I think so too. Often I will collect all sticks in an area then turn around and there are a few more sticks. I haven't noticed this since 1.35 update however.

Archived