Buffer memories

Tbone555

17 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

Okay so I love the buffer memories, but I do have one complaint. The computer screens are a little too bright, and the words are really dim behind the light. Really have to strain my eyes to read them

Once you load the buffer memory if its hard to read exit out of the pc. Then go to your journal and it should be transcribed in the notes for you in a perfectly legible format I believe.

I saw a section for buffer memories so they should be there. Also, dont forget that there can be multiple for the same terminal. So multiple auroras are needed for each one. It's actually a great incentive for playing long term and being nomadic.

17 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Once you load the buffer memory if its hard to read exit out of the pc. Then go to your journal and it should be transcribed in the notes for you in a perfectly legible format I believe.

I saw a section for buffer memories so they should be there. Also, dont forget that there can be multiple for the same terminal. So multiple auroras are needed for each one. It's actually a great incentive for playing long term and being nomadic.

That just... doesn't make sense. The computer works. It's on. There's a mouse and keyboard. Why can't i just browse to the next one? I think this system could use a lot of improvement

52 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

That just... doesn't make sense. The computer works. It's on. There's a mouse and keyboard. Why can't i just browse to the next one? I think this system could use a lot of improvement

Maybe the mouse and keyboard are fried by too much current (doesnt explain why we can scroll down then...) or perhaps some other tech mumbo jumbo. It may be nice to just cycle through them, but it could make gathering them all much easier and therefore your character has less late-game stuff to do.

Buffer memories in general were a great idea by the team I think.

I just wish that it wouldn't repeat already transcribed memories... It is kind of annoying with how rare and situational seeing the aurora is. But thats forgiveable considering how messed up advanced electronics would be in such a world.

16 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

The pcs shouldn't work properly, It makes sense they show the last thing which was on screen when the aurora sent them kabloopey. Having they show different pieces of memory with every aurora is nice enough.

I guess. Man I was really looking forward to playing space pinball though! Haha

46 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Maybe the mouse and keyboard are fried by too much current (doesnt explain why we can scroll down then...) or perhaps some other tech mumbo jumbo. It may be nice to just cycle through them, but it could make gathering them all much easier and therefore your character has less late-game stuff to do.

Buffer memories in general were a great idea by the team I think.

I just wish that it wouldn't repeat already transcribed memories... It is kind of annoying with how rare and situational seeing the aurora is. But thats forgiveable considering how messed up advanced electronics would be in such a world.

Even setting the aurora chance as high it's still pretty rare. But sometimes on high chance you get several nights in a row with the aurora and I really cherish these nights haha. The aurora is by far my favorite part

• 5 months later...

Archived