The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.35 [38054] on STEAM

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.35 [38054] on Steam  to address some issues that surfaced in our recent update, VIGILANT FLAME. The hotfix will release for all remaining platforms as soon as they are ready. Thank you for your patience. 

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

Hotfix to v1.35 [38054] -- Release Notes

*[All] Fixed issue with untextured objects appearing in Hushed River Valley.

*[All] Fixed issue with invisible collision at the Mystery Lake Forestry Lookout that was preventing players from ascending and descending the stairs.

*[All] Fixed issue with Cooking audio being too quiet.

*[All] Fixed potential crash when entering a location where Water was left Boiling.

###End of Changelist###

Will the next hotfix include the following issues?  Please?

Hotfix 1.34 fixed arrows disappearing if the shot fell into snow instead of an animal, but what about arrows hitting river ice and disappearing (especially near the north river entrance on Mystery Lake)?

Since Vigilant Flame (VF) dropped, killed animal carcasses have been glitchy.  In particular, the time they stay on map before disappearing (both before and after harvesting them). 

• Just after VF dropped, I had a dead, part-harvested bear get culled by the game after one night - harvested his fur and guts plus 5Kg of meat in the afternoon and returned next morning and his carcass was gone (Forlorn Muskeg map). 
  • Have had several wolf carcasses culled from map within 24 hours of harvesting them - harvesting them next morning after wounding them or wrestling with them (thanks to the crows for finding the carcasses) - with their replacement live-wolf spawning 24 hours later, on multiple maps.  I thought killed animals did not respawn for several days if harvested fully, and their carcasses remained on-map for several days if you left a bit of meat on them?  Mainly on Mystery Lake but also on Forlorn Muskeg, Broken Railroad, and Milton.
  • Have had deer that died, after bleeding out, go straight to "nothing to harvest" and 100% frozen before harvesting them on the same day that I wounded them with the bow ... now, if I don't drop them with one arrow, I only pursue them to recover the arrow that wounded them, because they'll likely not be harvestable once I reach them - again, mainly Mystery Lake but also on Forlorn Muskeg and Broken Railroad. 

Since VF I have had an occasional issue where eating cooked meat gives no calories - e.g. eat 2Kg of fresh-kill, cooked bear at 100% condition added zero calories to a character with under 200 calories remaining.

Have had all of these situations in both a Voyageur continued from pre-VF, and a new run started between v1.34 and v1.35.  I use the Steam client on PC (Ryzen 1800X, 16GB DDR4 2400MHz, Asus 370 gaming M/B, Nvidia 1080 8GB DDR5, NVMe M.2 SSD for Win 10 and SATA SSD games drive).

• 2 weeks later...

I just reinstalled to 1.29 because the latest update Nerfed up my gameplay in the ffg ways...

- getting 100+ cans is annoying as hell, clutter. theres no option to break down the cans,which wud have been useful for reducing clutter.

- placement of objects got screwed up for me.. im using a mod for better placement, but now objects are floating in the air

- new cooking mechanism feels nice in game, but the time is too much

- still no craftablee HATs. Please improve on the game before adding new maps.

the game still feels like Alpha with new content,new bugs that come with it!

• Admin unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived