Enjoying my Reishi Coffee

Hi everyone!

Hope I'm posting this at the right thread. Been playing The Long Dark on and off since it's early sandbox days. I LOVE this game so much, though I'm still not great at it.

Finally signed up for an account here because I just had to share my morning beverage with you folks:

ce7XHDCyGIQE4RQ4bJCEondqiBh4iSaG0N-bChRs

It was delicious and made me happy!

Now all I need to do is order the official Hinterland mug and turn down the AC for the full experience. Haha.

Anyone else hoarding bandages, reishi and rosehips after playing TLD? : - )

14 hours ago, stratvox said:

Cool. I'm a real primitivist when it comes to coffee... my coffee making rig is a hand grinder, a french press, and a kettle. What part of the world do you call home? I'm in Canada.

One day I have to try grinding my own beans. I've only recently made my foray into the world of coffee. More of a tea person :)

Canada! Well, TLD must feel extra special to you then.

I currently call Singapore home.

Grinding your own is the way to go... freshly roasted beans ground right before brewing is the ne plus ultra.

Yeah, TLD does remind me of some places I've been... if you ever get a chance to visit Canada and you like camping make sure you go to Ontario and spend a week or so canoeing around the Killarney region... just so long as it's summer ;). One of the most truly beautiful places on Earth.

killarney.thumb.jpg.f23f1be5b8a8463cade869a105b1e8c1.jpg

A friend of mine is from Singapore; he's a gemologist so he's knocking around all kinds of weird places all the time. Always great to hear from him on those rare occasions that he calls to say how-do.

@stratvox That is a ridiculous photo! Great shot! I'm sold.

I've taken note of your recommendations in my journal, Ontario is definitely one of the places I'd love to visit one day. I have an aunt in Halifax. She's often told me not to visit unless I wish to trudge through thick, endless snow. (Ha!)

A gemologist... wow! Do you know if he's set up shop somewhere?

Well, with Halifax, it's like that in the wintertime. Let's just say that I'm pretty sure there's no thick endless snow today... more like a strong urge to find the shady spot with a nice breeze and hang out in it.

If you ever do make it to Ontario, make sure to ping me; I can show you around my hometown and where the places to catch the good bands are (in my night job I'm a sound tech and guitarist).

Mostly he goes around buying gems in out of the way places (he was noodling around northern India and Asia Minor last time I asked him where he'd been) and bringing 'em back to Singapore to sell to jewellers and dealers there. He might be getting more around to settling down though... as we are both getting older I suspect he's finding some of those trips harder to deal with as the time passes ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived