Phantom wolf carcass

Meat

Passing through ML, I decided to stop off at the Camp Office for the night. Everything was as I left it a week previously. When I awoke and exited the building the next morning there was a wolf carcass outside the door. It's been a long playthrough (172 in-game days over a seven-month period) and I could be mistaken but I don't recall ever killing a wolf in that precise location. It's possible though.

I decided to do a bit of fishing and when I returned to the Camp Office the carcass had mysteriously vanished. I entered and exited the building to discover that the carcass had reappeared.

It seems that if I leave the immediate vicinity of this phantom carcass...say to fish or harvest some tree limbs, the dead wolf goes away. When I enter and exit the Camp Office, it returns.

The carcass isn't harvestable and crow feathers never appear around the carcass.

I haven't noticed this issue occurring anywhere else since the latest fix.  This bug doesn't seem to affect gameplay at all and isn't a big deal but I was just curious to know if anyone else has seen this, either at the Camp Office or anywhere else.

I'm running the Linux version of the game so this could be a bug unique to this version (1.34)

12 minutes ago, bighara said:

I could have sworn I something similar in a youtube playthrough recently. 

There was a bug that was introduced with the Vigilant update that caused this to happen a lot but it was supposedly fixed with the 1.34 update.

3 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

Bet there was a low menacing grow sound too!

Nope. no noises from the dead wolf (grin).

Archived