What does bad weather make you feel in TLD

SneakySquid

1 hour ago, Erutor said:

I appreciate the difficult choice: Do I starve to death here, or risk freezing to death in hopes of finding something to eat at the next place? (Early Interloper)

Absolutely. What I love about the game is that so many choices really matter: warmer clothes but more weight, taking a faster route but risking predators, pressing on or hunkering down. A beautiful series of tough decisions. 

early game interloper...I find it best to keep moving... you need to find things as quickly as possible to make life more sustainable...especially in a blizzard..you risk the cold but I find usually predators are missing (presumably riding out the blizzard somewhere) and have done quick sprints sans boots to get to my next spot of hope that much faster

I usually play Stalker, though the wolves have seemed worse than usual lately (possible HL tweak?). My latest run I customized based off Stalker. I cut down the predators a tad, but left the weather settings alone. 

Cozy if i'm inside.

Annoyed if i'm outside. I tried to play survival in pleasant valley and it was just one blizzard after another right off the bat. I like that harrowing challenge of trying to find shelter but shelter in PV (that I could find) was such garbage that I ended up giving up and restarting.

"Now's a good time to make those deerskin boots or harvest that fir branch near my base" is what I'm mostly thinking.  But mostly I'm thinking that where I live it's 95 degrees outside at 8PM and it feels so awesome to be imagining myself in a blizzard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, electricblue said:

Cozy if i'm inside.

Annoyed if i'm outside. I tried to play survival in pleasant valley and it was just one blizzard after another right off the bat. I like that harrowing challenge of trying to find shelter but shelter in PV (that I could find) was such garbage that I ended up giving up and restarting.

That's Pleasant Valley for you. It's about the worst of all the regions for weather. You are most likely to get blizzards and such there. I've heard players say it was a relief to get into TWM if just for the weather lightening up.

It makes me wonder what the world will do, and how long before the planet dies off, or kills itself off, if something like this happens IRL. Even only 1/10th as  bad or extreme. 

What kind of survivor would you actually be? What kind of survivor would everyone else around you be?

Yeah, the game makes me think deep and dark things sometimes. 

In real life, I would not be a survivor, not with my medical conditions and physical disabilities. But in the game? I enjoy the bad weather, because I can run to the brink of death, and somehow survive, and go on to a new day. And if I don't, I can start over. Don't have that chance IRL. I relish the bad weather. Except the darned fog. That fog-monster just likes to troll me, relentlessly.  I could live with a little less fog. That keeps me indoors or at the back of my CF shelter cave or fishing hut more than any blizzard ever has. I really hate fog... makes me feel helpless.

20171226032019_1.thumb.jpg.ebe2b6e5b75d514509ddea36db47c57d.jpg20180109212141_1.thumb.jpg.bd553b3b183e3fc56fd1dae7ae421542.jpg20180117212127_1.thumb.jpg.5e0d5931095e9674787a73743385258b.jpg

Archived