Passing Out when too Tired

Sopinien

I think that being tired (long term) isnt Punishing enogh right now. And i would love to have a Pass Out risk added to the game

The Tiredness should be more and more Punishing once you have no energy left. And a Pass Out Condition risk should be added much like the Condition Risk of Hypothermia when you get cold... One which will (just like Hypothermia) slowly increase the longer you stay Tired.
And if you pass out... you flop down and fall asleep even when its out in the cold or near enemys.

I Think it should go like this:
>Player Has No Energy left

>Player Effect added "Tired": Player can not Sprint anymore -> (Status in Condition Tab)

>Effect Tired will become "About to pass Out" after 1h (ingame)

>Player Effect added "About to pass Out"  -> (Status in Condition Tab)

>Base Chance to PASS OUT 25% (Increaseing by 5% every 15 Ingame Minutes)

>When Player Passes out he should fall into the snow (animation) and get one last chance to use an Emergancy Stim... If not his eyes slowly close and he falls asleep

>When Player Passes out he will fall asleep for 4h ingame (Energy and health will only slightly restore, Food/Drink will be drasticaly Reduced, Warmth decrease Normal)
If an enemy attacks the player, he will have a harder time struggleing and will get an additional 10% Dmg. (The Bonus Dmg should not be applyed to the bear however to avoid being oneshot killed when only slightly injured or damaged by cold/hunger/Thirst or other minor Injuries)

>Player wakes up again.

Treatment

>Coffee :coffee: Could be used Against "Tried" and or "About to Pass Out", If the effect of the coffe Passes however you can go up to "About to Pass Out" once again.

>Emergancy Stim could be used When "Passing Out" to prevent falling asleep.

>Treatment of both effects (Obviously) is Sleep...

Visuals
>Most of the Information in condition Tab

>Maybe an Sleeping eye as icon or IDK

Values shown here Should be Applyed to "Normal/Hard" Mode (Voyager/Stalker) Other gamemodes like Pilgrim or Interloper Should be Easier/Harder

Nah, just make it like cabin fever. You have it keep track of how tired you have been over the last 100 hours. Every hour you go running around at energy ZERO, you gain a +4 percentage to passing out. That means in a 100 hour period, you can run around without any energy for 25 hours. You run around 12 hours, you need to wait 100 hours for that to drop off. Reach 100%, you collapse and you sleep 12 hours. PERIOD. right then and there, on the ground, no matter what your status or condition. You only get rid of the condition, you don't actually get any energy back and you start off with a clean 100 hour period.

Planned right, it could be survivalible, but it would royally suck ASS. And it would be an alternative solution for people who run around going, "I CAN'T FIND A DAMN BEDROLL!!!"  But a solution that absolutely sucks.

And I want this added to my new INSANITY custom difficult.

Passing out would be interesting as a mechanic. I'm not sure how exactly it should work, but there are some interesting ideas here. Passing out could also qualify as a potential countermeasure against the starving strategy. One would have to keep in mind though that passing out could be the bane of many early Interloper runs.

On 22.6.2018 at 7:42 PM, Hotzn said:

Passing out would be interesting as a mechanic. I'm not sure how exactly it should work, but there are some interesting ideas here. Passing out could also qualify as a potential countermeasure against the starving strategy. One would have to keep in mind though that passing out could be the bane of many early Interloper runs.

Like i said. I dont really know much about balanceing stuff... But im pretty sure the devs will figure that out. Maybe you could balance it by preventing the player to pass out on the first day... Much like Predator's Grace Period

On 29.6.2018 at 2:47 PM, Rawrshuga said:

Could be funnier if instead of simply passing out the character experiences some kind of narcolepsy. The screen goes dark, then hours later the player 'wakes up' in a different location with no idea of how they got there. ;)

Thats also a nice idea !
But i guess it be a lil hard to programm since players could get stuck that way (For example on Timberwolf Mountain)

1 hour ago, Sopinien said:

Thats also a nice idea !
But i guess it be a lil hard to programm since players could get stuck that way (For example on Timberwolf Mountain)

On the plus side it would make a hilarious story... that time you climbed TWM in your sleep and woke up in the back section of a plane.

Well ok, I've given this topic a lot of thought, and I think I have to say leaving the fatigue system alone is the way to go.

Here's my reasoning.  First of all, the condition drain is WAY too steep compared to real life.  In TLD, if you're awake for 5 straight days, you die of condition loss.  That just...does not happen, I'm sorry.  I went to college, I had my party phase, 5 days is nothing.  Now passing out from exhaustion...yeah that is in fact a thing.  You have to stay up for a very long time (5 days is about right actually) but you do eventually get to the point where you might accidentally close your eyes and boom, out like a light.  If that were to happen in TLD, you would be at the mercy of whatever RNG throws your way.  Blizzard?  Dead.  Bear?  Dead.  Wolf?  Probably dead.  While that would be more realistic, it also sounds like a nightmare to code, from my perspective.

So....leave the system alone.  Rather than go through a convoluted system designed to accurately portray the risk of passing out and the potentially devastating consequences that might have on you...just slowly drain your life away as incentive to get some sleep.  It arrives at the same destination as the complex realistic idea.

Archived