The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.34 [37910] on STEAM & PS4

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.34 [37910] on Steam and PS4 to address some issues that surfaced in our recent update, VIGILANT FLAME. The hotfix will release for all remaining platforms as soon as they are ready. Thank you for your patience. 

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

Hotfix to v1.34 [37910] -- Release Notes

*[All] Updated "Use" verbs to better reflect player activity in the game. Verbs should now more accurately reflect intended use. 

*[All] Pass Time Until Ready when Melting snow now stops when snow is melted. Boiling to Purify melted snow is now a separate Cooking action, as before.

*[All] Cooking times for partial-unit food items now scale correctly. I.e. 0.5 Kg of meat now takes half the full-unit time cost.

*[All] Wildlife will no longer attack players during accelerated time, unless they were already detected prior to beginning an activity. This addresses an issue where players were being ambushed by predators during accelerated time actions.

*[All] Fixed players being able to use a Recycled Can/Cooking Pot to cook when the item was at 0% Condition.

*[All] Fixed exploit where players were able to restore burned food by placing it back onto an active cooking surface.

*[All] Fixed issue causing previously-killed animal corpses to reappear after updating the game.

*[All] Fixed players losing Placement functionality when interrupting Placement from the Pack.

*[All] Fixed camera bob persisting after lighting the Storm Lantern while walking.

*[All] Fixed issue causing players to exit the Fishing UI immediately after catching a fish, instead of being able to continue.

*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing arrows to become invisible after firing them.

*[Survival Mode] Many minor environment fixes to Hushed River Valley.

*[Survival Mode] Fixed numerous Hushed River Valley locations where players could become stuck in the terrain.

*[Survival Mode] Fixed Scrolling in Journal Notes.

*[Survival Mode] Fixed players becoming stuck in-between rocks near the bridge closest to Draft Dodger's Cabin in Pleasant Valley.

*[Wintermute] Fixed rare issue where players were permanently afflicted with Cabin Fever in some very old Wintermute saves.

*[Wintermute] Fixed getting stuck when crouching inside Jeremiah's Cabin during Wintermute Episode Two.

*[Wintermute] Fixed issue where players were unable to place items inside Jeremiah's Cabin during Wintermute Episode Two.

PC/Mac Only

*[All] Fixed Quick Placement when using the Steam Controller.

*[All] Fixed Mac keyboard icons for Placement actions appearing on PC.

*[All] Fixed Mac trackpad secondary click not being active for Placement.

*[All] Fixed issue causing active monitor to change when switching screen resolution.

###End of Changelist###

1 hour ago, admin said:

*[All] Fixed camera bob persisting after lighting the Storm Lantern while walking.

Just started noticing this and before I can submit a bug report it's now fixed.  Great!

*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing arrows to become invisible after firing them.

I have never seen arrows vanish right after firing.

Arrows disappearing after touching the ground happened to me and I hope this was fixed.

Do you mean after the arrow touches the ground?

Oh my, Hinterland. Thank you guys so much. You addressed the issues I and others have been having. The arrows especially. Losing arrows is so tough, and carrying around that 8.8 lb rifle is awful. Your team is a top notch bunch of people and your company is top shelf.  Ok, back to the quiet apocalypse!

15 hours ago, admin said:

*[All] Wildlife will no longer attack players during accelerated time, unless they were already detected prior to beginning an activity. This addresses an issue where players were being ambushed by predators during accelerated time actions.

This makes a lot more sense.

Fishing interruption after 1st or 2nd catch still happens on Mystery Lake - in 1st hut out from the Camp Office, even with a 12-hour fire running in the stove.  Seems to fix itself after the 3rd catch.
Partial cooking times for sub-1Kg meat - confirmed working and many thanks.
Arrows that miss will still disappear through the ice on the north section of the river on Mystery Lake - but don't disappear if they land in snow anymore - again, many thanks for fixing that.

Did burn time for sticks get reduced?  I'm only getting 8 mins per stick now.

Why does wolf meat take longer to cook than venison (by about 15 minutes)?  Lower calorific value wolf meat should cook quicker, surely?

1 hour ago, Gazbeard said:

Fishing interruption after 1st or 2nd catch still happens on Mystery Lake - in 1st hut out from the Camp Office, even with a 12-hour fire running in the stove.  Seems to fix itself after the 3rd catch.
Partial cooking times for sub-1Kg meat - confirmed working and many thanks.
Arrows that miss will still disappear through the ice on the north section of the river on Mystery Lake - but don't disappear if they land in snow anymore - again, many thanks for fixing that.

Did burn time for sticks get reduced?  I'm only getting 8 mins per stick now.

Why does wolf meat take longer to cook than venison (by about 15 minutes)?  Lower calorific value wolf meat should cook quicker, surely?

So you are still exiting the Fishing UI immediately after catching one, per the bug fix above? Is this only happening in specific locations? Please contact support@hinterlandgames.com with some details on this so we can investigate. Thank you. @Gazbeard

On 27/06/2018 at 9:08 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

So you are still exiting the Fishing UI immediately after catching one, per the bug fix above? Is this only happening in specific locations? Please contact support@hinterlandgames.com with some details on this so we can investigate. Thank you. @Gazbeard

Since the fix rolled out, I have only fished in the first hut out from the camp office ... but yes, it happened there as I described in the post above.

On 27/06/2018 at 9:08 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Happened again this week in my live streams - catch a fish and fishing timer stops (ice hole cleared message flashes briefly) - now happening with every fish in that same hut.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived