Changes to Stims?

cullam

So, I just died exploring Hushed River Valley. I was wise enough to go in with a relatively new game to look around, rather than getting my current long game character killed off. Note to self for next time, bring a LOT of cloth and bandages into that region! 
But I was quite surprised when I died. I got hit by two wolves, and ran out of bandages after the first one. So I took a stim to stay alive, tore up a piece of my clothes, then ripped that into bandages. By which time, I was almost dead again, and needed to take another stim to try and make it to shelter. But I discovered that I couldn't. I had two more on me, but I couldn't use them. Not from the first aid radial, not from my inventory. I could select them, and I could click "use", but the object never appeared to be equipped in front of me, and I couldn't use it. Is this a new thing, where you can't use them once already at full exhaustion? Or was this a bug? 

I was just in the same situation of being attacked by two wolves one after the other, used one stim for the first attack, then the second one hit. Tried to use the second and on screen writing came up saying something along the lines of "can't use  another stim straight after another"......something like that......and yes I died too.

The Emergency Stim cannot be used while currently under the effects of another E. Stim.

The second E. Stim can be applied only after waiting until the previous E. Stim completely finishes (when you are no longer able to sprint) .  I just finished trying this and it works.

I have encountered bugs similar.  When an item is equipped the action for it cannot be performed.  It can happen to the flare pistol and torches too.  This is an older bug that has been through several updates and IMO it needs to be squashed.

Try to first save the game and then reload.  This usually clears the bug. 

Archived