Map for Hushed River Valley

Sashamorning

7 minutes ago, Sashamorning said:

Has anyone successfully mapped HRV yet?  Whiteberry has gone AWOL :-(  And I'd really like to be able to get a good feel for it as I go through it.

I seen a post today of a basic map outline. pretty sure it was posted here somewhere

2 hours ago, Sashamorning said:

Has anyone successfully mapped HRV yet?  Whiteberry has gone AWOL :-(  And I'd really like to be able to get a good feel for it as I go through it.

I had pretty good progress on my map but ended up dying to an aurora wolf before it was complete. If you're keen on having a map for reference, you should fire up a pilgrim run and map out the region, it'll take a couple hours but it might help you. Also, if take into account where the hushed river is you'll never truly get lost in this region.  

• 2 weeks later...

My working map is not so pretty or detailed, but maybe helpful.   More details in the spoiler.

5b3940180d0d9_updatedHRVmap.thumb.png.7ac568fd5cfbd871e276135441cc83f8.png

• Blue triangles are ice caves with loading screens.  The long blue lines show roughly how they connect.
  • Green triangles are outdoor caves.
  • Yellow lines are ropes.  The yellow bump in the SE is a rope attachment point.
  • White "smoke" thingies are possible signal fire locations.
  • A couple short pale blue lines S of Hushed River are possible snow shelter spots.
  • Dotted lines are handy paths between points on the map

There's a lot of altitude change between different parts of the region, so a map like this is -- at best -- a supplement to actual exploration.  I used charcoal a lot just to figure out my current position on the map.

9 hours ago, cullam said:

Good to know that there are definitely multiple signal fire location possibilities! There are more snow shelter spawn locations than you have listed. I've seen at least two others.

@cullam  I've heard there's one near Cloudtop falls, and I've checked for it in 7 starts... still haven't gotten it, although I can guess where it must be.  I didn't know there was a fourth location... that's really interesting.  My latest start has no snow shelter at the 3 spots I know about.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't bothered to look at any of the maps in this thread.

However I am finding Hushed River Valley difficult, and that's at Voyager level. I have been drawing a load of maps as I go along but I find it very difficult to get around based on those maps.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks a bit cluttered because this map is rich with natural resources, loot and other goodies. Sometimes a lot of different stuff at one and the same tiny spot. I guess that's also a result of the devs "new approach to how we create our environments". I was considering to increase the scale of the map but that would make it a bit more difficult for me to create them. For now the scale is 1:1

Archived