Sound tearing

donabruja

Hello!

Since last month, I experienced a problem in the game, which makes me unable to play it. Every time I launch the game, the sound keeps tearing in the main menu (it also seems to load slower). I did try to start a game, thinking maybe it only occurs in the main menu, but sadly, it happens in the game as well. It highly limits the things I can hear in the game, and makes it unplayable. I've been playing it for like, 150 hrs on steam, had no such problem until recently. It also seems to have a problem when I try to quit the game, it just crashes, which again, never happened before. I tried what I can, rebooting, verifying integrity of game files..nothing. I did wait for an update, thinking its gonna fix the problem, but sadly, it didn't.

Please, please, try to look into it. I really miss playing the game :( Thank you in advance.

My specs: Win 7
CPU: Inter Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Hi @donabruja, thanks for  sharing your system specs and letting us know what steps you have already tried.

What kind of playback device are you using to listen to the game sound? (built-in speakers, external speakers, headphones, etc)? Are you able to switch to a different playback device and if so, do you notice the same issue?

If you haven't done so yet, please check that your Graphics and Audio drivers are up-to-date!

Hi!

I'm using a headset. Now I tried it with a different one, there was no sound issues. Tried it again with the oirignal one, and it was working with that one too.

I don't know how did this fix the issue, but it worked. Thanks you so much for the help!

Archived