How to get water?

kilkovich

I have not played the game for more than 2 months. I decided once again to go through the Wintermute.
I was confronted with the problem that in the very beginning of episode 1 (where Mackenzie is in the cave). I need to get water from the fire. But in the recent renovation, water can no longer be obtained from a fire. Fix it pls

What @Hawk said, in a recent update, they changed cooking. Now you can multitask while cooking, cook multiple things at once, and now you have to have a recycled can or cooking pot in order to make water. You should’ve started with a can in your inventory. In the radial menu, it’s in the camp craft section.

I have restarted the game at least five times now and still cannot boil water to drink.  I can build a fire but there is no icon to boil water.  It tells you to find a can or pot to boil water in yet there is nothing like that around the crash site in Wintermute.  I'm playing on xbox one.  It would be nice if someone would fix this glitch.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, Amazombie said:

To clarify this. I admit, i ignored the radial comment above because i never use it. I assumed someone put the can on a radial menu. So.. for those like me. When you start the can is NOT in your inventory, but in the radial menu under camp craft. 

I just started a new Wintermute game to test this, and the can appeared in both my inventory and the radial.  Are you absolutely sure it wasn't in your inventory?  Are you willing to start a new throwaway game to test?

Archived