BEEBSTEEN

Can't get past Disclaimer (press Any Key) Windows 10

10 posts in this topic

So i bought the game through my xbox  and I can play it there if i want ,  but i wanted to play it on my PC.  loading the game brings up the Disclaimer and then the "press any key to continue" pressing any key then brings up a dialogue box with the Long dark hatchet ( like it's trying to sync files)  but then it does nothing. It never loads the game. All the steps i've found are for the steam version. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times and nothing has fixed the issue 

Windows 10, Intel Core i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Hi @BEEBSTEEN, thanks for your post and for providing your system specs. It looks like your CPU doesn't quite meet the minimum specifications for The Long Dark, and might be struggling to run it (we recommend something along the lines of a Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU or better.)

Other than reinstalling, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

If you haven't done so yet, check if there are any updates available for Windows or your NVidia graphics card. 

Posted (edited)

Exact same problem here.

I upgraded from Windows 10 Version 1709 to Version 1803 a few hours ago. Now I can't run the game anymore.

system:

Steam on Windows 10 Version 1803 (64-bit) - HP EliteBook 745 G4 (Z2W06EA#ABD) with 16 GB DDR4 - AMD PRO A12-9800B (Bristol Ridge) with integrated AMD Radeon R7 (Graphics Core Next 1.2) - no dedicated graphics card - AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1

output_log.txt

Edited by Rowla
attachment and more details

Thanks for your posts, @Rowla. To be clear, you were playing The Long Dark normally up until the most recent Windows update, then this issue began just after?

Thanks for verifying your Steam files and trying DX9 mode. We're not seeing a clear cause in your debug logs, but they are very helpful to have.

If you haven't done so yet, could you try uninstalling your AMD  Graphics Drivers, then reinstalling the latest version?

Posted (edited)

I made another thread, sorry - have the same problem.

It has something to do with the localization (see update notes) 

The disclaimer should be in english (according to my steam and ingame settings) but it is in my nativ language.

Edited by MueckE

On 6/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, Support said:

Hi @BEEBSTEEN, thanks for your post and for providing your system specs. It looks like your CPU doesn't quite meet the minimum specifications for The Long Dark, and might be struggling to run it (we recommend something along the lines of a Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU or better.)

Other than reinstalling, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

If you haven't done so yet, check if there are any updates available for Windows or your NVidia graphics card. 

My pc can handle games like Far cry 5 and Rainbow six siege... i may have imputed it wrong but i do NOT think that's the issue. Does it have something to do with Microsoft?  

Also yes my graphic card drivers and Windows 10 is up to date. I haven't found many trouble shooting tips for the Microsoft store / Xbox play anywhere version.  If you have any let me know

Hi again BEEBSTEEN, thanks for responding. We can certainly take a closer look at what it happening "under the hood." Could you send us a copy of your debug log?

If you're not sure how to find your log, we've just updated this post with instructions for Xbox PlayAnywhere players. Once you've found the file, you should be able to add it to your post as a file attachment.