Where I've Been...

SnowWalker

My daughter is very sick. Cancer. I've just not been in the mood for chit chat. I want everyone and the devs to know that without TLD and other video games I would constantly be worrying. These games can take my mind away for periods of time, like nothing else can. My mind drifts while watching tv and movies but I stay all-in when playing. My daughter's last scans were good. One tumor has disappeared and the others have shrunk significantly. I don't like discussing it much. I'm not that kind of person. Some people need to have all the support. I need solitude. I just can't talk to others about difficulties and fears. I just want you all to know that I'm still here and I'm still playing <3

Guest Jeffery Simpson

Our hearts go out to you. We're so glad to hear that your daughter's last scans looked good and that The Long Dark is helping in a small way.

We'll be here for you as always, the community wont disappear while you're gone. The best thing you can do for your daughter is to be there for her. Your absence wont be held against you. Best wishes.

Its humbling to think about how something as simple as a fun little videogame can be such a great tool for escapism and comminity building

• 2 weeks later...

Archived