Wont get past disclaimer! Crashes every time

iwinalot7

Every time i try to run this game it crashes on disclaimer, I have 30+ hours in it and it stopped running. I have tried just about everything. I've reinstalled, I've ran it in dx9 and dx11, I verified my cache, I even ran it in compatibility mode, all my drivers are updated. 

Hi @iwinalot7, thanks for you post -- sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting the game to run. We haven't released any changes or updates to the game recently -- if it has suddenly stopped working, there may be a local system issue.

Can you tell us a bit about your system? It doesn't sound like you are on console -- are you playing on Steam, GOG, or Microsoft Play Anywhere?

Can you share your debug log with us? Information on how to find your log is posted in our FAQ .

Your mainboard and CPU temps are quite high, considering these measurements were likely taken while the system was not under load. Heat may be an issue causing lockups and slowdowns.

Strange that your system specs show that you have a GeForce 730 but the output file shows Intel HD 510 graphics being used by the game.

Your output.log attachment is a .png, meaning it cannot be scrolled through to the bottom which would show the shutdown state.

Thanks for providing more information, @iwinalot7

As @Carbon noted, it does appear that your system is using your Intel Graphics card instead of your more powerful NVIDIA card. If you right-click on your desktop, you can open up the NVIDIA control panel. Under Manage 3D settings you can set your preferred Graphics Processor -- try selecting your NVIDIA Geforce GPU.

You may also want to try opening up the Geforce Experience app and doing another check for driver updates.

Don't forget to reboot after making any changes -- doing so can help clear up lingering system issues.

Glad to hear you figured it out!  Don't worry about it -- we've all been there. Better to feel silly about an unplugged or mismatched cable than have a faulty GPU or something more serious. :)

Good luck in The Long Dark!

Archived