Trouble getting into chapter 2

I have completed chapter one of Wintermute and at the end of the cinematic/credits it takes me to the main menu   and from there I cannot access chapter 2. When I hit resume the game puts me in the last saved point of chapter one. This is a huge problem for me as I was really looking forward to the next chapter 

Guest Jeffery Simpson

Moved to our technical support forum. I would suggest shooting an email to support@hinterlandgames.com and they'll be able to troubleshoot the issue with you.

Sorry to hear that this is happening for you.

Thanks, @Jeffery Simpson

@DoodlestheDog, can you tell us if you skipped the credits, or tried watched the whole thing?

What should happen is when the credits finish (or are skipped) you should be presented with a screen that offered the option to return to the main menu, or continue to Episode 2. However we have encountered issues where skipping the credits can trigger the "return to menu" action.

4 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks, @Jeffery Simpson

@DoodlestheDog, can you tell us if you skipped the credits, or tried watched the whole thing?

What should happen is when the credits finish (or are skipped) you should be presented with a screen that offered the option to return to the main menu, or continue to Episode 2. However we have encountered issues where skipping the credits can trigger the "return to menu" action.

I’ve tried twice both on different saves and neither seem to have worked. I might just have to restart from the beginning which is fine as o really enjoyed the first chapter but thanks for the help anyways. 

What system are you playing the game on, @DoodlestheDog?

If you are playing from a computer or laptop rather than a console, you should be able to pull a debug log that might give a better idea of what it happening when you finish the credits. Information about how to find your debug log is included in our Technical FAQ: 

Archived