Xbox One - Extremely Long Loading Screens

Hello! I've had this game for a couple years and haven't had any major issues until now. This problem occurs in both Wintermute and Sandbox. I had been playing well into Episode 2 with no problems and then took a month or so off to play a different game. I came back to TLD over this past weekend and found that the loading screens are extremely long. The wolf will run for about ten seconds, and then freeze. Eventually the game loads my next play area, but I have had load screens that last 5+ minutes at a time, which obviously is very frustrating when you're in Milton going from house to house. ;) I believe the game is installed on an external harddrive, but I have not had this issue before. I've disconnected the Xbox and let it rest for a bit before plugging it back in, and still have the problem. I thought it was related to Wintermute for some reason, so I began a Sandbox game (custom). After about ten minutes of play in this mode, I found myself facing the same issue. I really want to keep playing but the long load screen is just killing me. Thank you!

Thanks for your post, @magicmurff. That's odd -- load times on console can be a bit longer than on a desktop, but it should never take five minutes!

Have you already tried clearing the cache on your console? If not, give it a try. The quickest way is to power-cycle your Xbox One by holding down the power button for a full 10 seconds. 

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you suggested as well as unplugging the system from the wall for an extended period (30 seconds) a few times and did not get anywhere. However I managed to uninstall and reinstall the game and it seems to be working normally for now. I'll get back with you guys if I have this problem again. Thank you!

Archived