V1.30 Stalker Achievement Run II

Hotzn

1 hour ago, Cr41g said:

Hotzn... not sure if this is helpful...or even if you want any suggestions...maybe you want to try and pull off Deep Forest in the Ravine... I did Deep Forest at Desolation Point inside the glass at the lighthouse... its still considered outside and gets you the achievement... downside is the time is takes collecting the necessary firewood and constantly dodging the angry locals that don't want you stealing their wood.

Thanks for this, but I had made this plan to do it in the Ravine. I have never really spent any mentionable time in the Ravine and wanted to combine this. Campfire is going nicely.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hotzn said:

In the evening, I spend some extra time searching for a potential way down to the bottom of the Ravine (or back up), but don’t find anything. My search for a climbing rope is also a failure.

You can follow the river from the dam, you will find a rope up that you can climb, and take it, its on the right side, near the lake. 

On 6.7.2018 at 2:55 PM, Drifter Man said:

Hide contents

Did you check all the rail cars?

I think I did. My memory says only one rail car (the last one which can be reached on foot) holds loot. In this run, it had a medkit (I think that's a guaranteed spawn, forgot what was in it), errr... something I forgot... and a jerry can with quite a lot of kerosene (which I brought to my cave).

Day 61:

I wake up with a felt temperature of +1°C (in the back of my cave) and at 76% condition. Good, I wasn’t forced to waste any firewood during the night. Now how much have I got… 17 Fir… 29 Cedar… and 64 sticks. The Fir and Cedar should give me 48 hours easily. Is my feeling. I don’t exactly know how much firetime is in these, but I think it’s more than an hour per log. But the 64 sticks are not even half a day. So… better get some more wood. I cross the fallen tree again to the other side, but realize I have collected most of the existing wood. I find a respawned stick here and there, but the respawn rate is low, and what I’m doing here is not efficient. Interesting: There is a piece of coal in front of the second cave, a little to the right. That seems to have spawned there lately. Warming up in the cave, I harvest more limbs and branches. It seems that sticks and branches respawn without a blizzard having to pass in between.

Back at my cave, I count my loot: 11 Cedar logs, 34 sticks and one piece of coal. I should be set. Another interesting thing I notice is that the raw deer meat I have placed in the colder part of the cave decays very slowly – it’s at 89% now. My feeling is that this used to happen much quicker. So no hurry to cook it. And: My snares have ceased to catch rabbits in front of the cave. And no more rabbits to be seen there. Hm.

Anyway, I light my Deep Forest fire… to celebrate, I don’t even use a torch. I use the firestriker, it gives me a 95% chance overall… and it works:

screen_(-642, 143, 33)_6a4c4f48-fbf7-4cf9-9873-261954b68d9b.png

And this is how the back of my cave looks like:

screen_(-644, 144, 37)_9dce245b-6256-4a0c-bb28-4569b58233b6.png

Making water, cooking meat and feeding the fire, I see that a Fir log gives the fire 1.5 hours of burning time. So I’m good there. And I see that smaller pieces of meat now take less time to cook. Nice.

Day 62:

I wake up late in the morning next to a merrily burning fire, healed back to 100%. Feed the fire and take a little stroll outside. There was a blizzard last night, and I would expect sticks and branches to have respawned. But no – the blizzard does not seem to have influenced respawning, very little firewood about. Crossing the fallen tree again, I see this railcart with an open door. Wondering whether i could reach that and get inside…

screen_(-749, 110, -173)_21f46e16-572f-492c-8197-83d80b4fd80d.png

Turning my head again, I sprain an ankle and almost get a heart attack since I’m still on the fallen tree. For a second there I thought I might fall off. Good one.

Get back to the cave, feed the fire, put snow up for boiling and sleep in 2 hour shifts to heal my ankle. Checking the raw deer meat I have piled up on the cave floor (in the cold part), I realize it decays very slowly. Strange… didn’t that use to be faster? I mean, I can give it another +50% condition by boiling it if that hasn’t changed. So this meat spoils very, very slowly. Well, why not?

I feed the fire and make water till late at night, then eat and drink some, feed the fire even more and go to sleep for 9 hours.

11 hours ago, Hotzn said:

I think I did. My memory says only one rail car (the last one which can be reached on foot) holds loot. In this run, it had a medkit (I think that's a guaranteed spawn, forgot what was in it), errr... something I forgot... and a jerry can with quite a lot of kerosene (which I brought to my cave).

Yes, I meant that one... I often find a rope in that rail car. Bummer.

Archived