Save Game For Survival

Ice Hole

Guest kristaok

I don't see the issue with adding the save anywhere feature, because death can be cheated anyway... it's not like this feature would be taking the permadeath away. 

On this topic, I think it comes down a lot to what the mentality of the players would be.

If the option was provided, most players would use it for sure, that is just the way people are wired - we all love the permadeath experience and at the same time we all fear it because it means that starting over. If that option was there, you might as well make it implemented, and instead give the option of permadeath settings for players, looking for a challenge - which is much more common in games.

I disagree with the idea of saving in survival mode, for the same reasons others stated here before. During the story, it makes sense - because the story is focused on the story, and unlike in Survival mode, it puts certain dangers in your way as scripted encounters. It forces you to go through dangerous situations, or hunt for a dangerous beast, often with limited resources... many of the things in survival would not be necessary.

Besides, part of the charm of TLDs early experiences is the fear of dying when exploring new, unknown regions. Put the save option in there, and you are going to rob yourself of that experience.

I agree that permadeath options are a core feature, and I would not like to see that changed.

Archived