Question About This Truck

TheEldritchGod

5ad92a91c4f6b_ScreenShot2018-04-11at4_13_22PM.thumb.png.c257d56533b374d65315da9ae3c4aa02.png

Now this truck is located outside the normal playing area on the Mountain Town map past the collapsed tunnel where you find the prisoner transport bus. So you sort of need to go outside the map area through a hole and hike your way around the edge of the map to find it. What I want to know is, are there any other Purple themed businesses on any of the maps? Does anyone have any clue as to what business runs this hauling service? How the hell does an island with such narrow roads allow a day cab to haul double? There have to be multiple businesses with wide enough parking lots to allow for this sort of thing. Doubles cannot back up. EVER. So the appearance of a double Van on this island is rather perplexing. I am working on Lore videos and I would love any and all speculation or theories anyone might have about this truck. Especially from the map designer and what you were thinking putting a truck into a map that nobody could ever see unless you went out of bounds.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.13.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.14.25 PM.png

THAT's what caused all Great Bear's downfall in the first place. On its first day of activity it managed to move a couple kms before getting stuck and irreversibly blocking the island's main road.

Or maybe she's Amazon Prime, Optimus' feminist sister. She got messed up like all technology and she's waiting for enough auroras to recharge her energy.

By the way, is that a way to leave Milton without climbing?

2 hours ago, Hotzn said:

How this vehicle would fit into the lore of TLD, who knows? The game lore never seemed very coherent to me.

yes... like the prison transport... where is the prison on the island ? ....future map ?

On 4/20/2018 at 1:09 AM, Doc Feral said:

By the way, is that a way to leave Milton without climbing?

I think so, but it is such a round about way that I couldn't easily describe it. Getting IN is easy. They fixed the easy out. I think it's possible to get out, but I got so many sprained ankles and needed so much food, I don't know how useful it would be from a practical stand point. Maybe I should go back and work on finding a more direct approach. I suspect there is an option from the radio tower. I should test it sometime

13 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Good find, +1. How this vehicle would fit into the lore of TLD, who knows? The game lore never seemed very coherent to me.

Well, that's what I'm working on fixing.  Half way done on compiling the next lore video about the Railway. Well, second video on the railway. I need to do a third on the part of the railway affected by the 2012 earthquake. You know what? I should put a map in the corner showing the various locations I'm talking about.

11 hours ago, Cr41g said:

yes... like the prison transport... where is the prison on the island ? ....future map ?

I suspect there is one, yes. There is definitely another town/village past Broken Railroad. But I' saving that info for the third video about the railway. I am wondering if the two are related. It would fit the conservation of plot if it was located on the otherside of the collapsed bridge.

Interesting! Never knew it was there... I suspect we'll learn more about it in the next episode.

Aside from that, it's a standard truck for transporting ocean containers (aka cans or connexes).  They could have literally anything in them. After they deliver their goods from China/Korea/Japan etc, they either get loaded and sent back, (side note, one of the biggest exports going BACK to asia is logs, and they go back in cans!) but since FAR more goods are imported than exported, they get sold off to private companies or individuals. Then they wind up as cheap dry storage, get used to build temporary buildings, used as mobile offices on job sites, etc etc. They're INCREDIBLY handy. 

Sam

15 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

I think so, but it is such a round about way that I couldn't easily describe it. Getting IN is easy. They fixed the easy out. I think it's possible to get out, but I got so many sprained ankles and needed so much food, I don't know how useful it would be from a practical stand point. Maybe I should go back and work on finding a more direct approach. I suspect there is an option from the radio tower. I should test it sometime

Yes there sure is...and I uploaded a video of how to do it on my youtube channel.

It's from Milton directly to Mystery Lake no ropes at all.

5 hours ago, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

Interesting! Never knew it was there... I suspect we'll learn more about it in the next episode.

Aside from that, it's a standard truck for transporting ocean containers (aka cans or connexes).  They could have literally anything in them. After they deliver their goods from China/Korea/Japan etc, they either get loaded and sent back, (side note, one of the biggest exports going BACK to asia is logs, and they go back in cans!) but since FAR more goods are imported than exported, they get sold off to private companies or individuals. Then they wind up as cheap dry storage, get used to build temporary buildings, used as mobile offices on job sites, etc etc. They're INCREDIBLY handy. 

Sam

Facinating. That is a good a theory as any.

3 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

There's a note in Milton's post office about some guy who drives his truck totally drunk, but I think that's a bit too large for mail delivery.

Actually, in the US the postal service is one of the few types of cargo that authorizes doubles. Great Catch Dude!

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, Hawk said:

How 'bout a link to your You Tube channel? :)

The video is on my youtube channel "Explore The Lore". My OTHER youtube channel, the Eldritch God, is my political one, and frankly, I hate it. I really want Giant meteor in 2020. Here's my deal. Shut up about blatant politics that ruin stories/movies/games and get back to good storytelling with SUBTLE politics, and I'll never post another political video again. All I want to do is post lore videos and statistical analysis of games. When they went after d20 and MtG, I was pissed. When they went after Doctor Who, It's time for Exterminatus. You might say, "So what's it to you?"

I don''t want to get into it, but I do believe in the whole "If not me, then who? If not now, then when?" I talk people out of suicide, help dying kittens and cats, work with the mentally/physically disabled, fought for LGBT rights back when that shit got you beaten into a coma, got beaten into a coma, bumped heads with Evangelicals telling me D&D makes you worship Satan, and you name it. If there is a moron out there spouting that someone else is thinking wrong, and that person isn't thinking violating the NAP, I'm there to get in that moron's face face and fight for free speech.

I may not agree with you, but I will cut a bitch to protect your right to say it. And by "cut" I mean use my absolutely brutal, sarcastic writing skills along with my ability to read people to find that one emotional weakness and poke you... right... THERE.

Normally I build up people's sense of self-esteem, but the same skill set that does that can be used for evil ends. I used to do that in the past, not help people, But, not anymore. Still, occasionally you have to have to bloody metaphoric noses in order make someone back off to protect someone weaker then you.

Lately, it seems like I've been doing that all the time. I wish people would just live and let live. Everyone is all too quick to prey upon the weak and helpless to promote their own agenda lately. I hate bullies. I hate them with a passion. You bully someone, you get a warning, then I demonstrate why bullies are often most vulnerable people around. Being a bully is a sign of weakness, and I expose weakness very... very well. Usually to help people learn to over come it.  I suppose in a way I am doing them a service. You can't over come weakness until you admit it exists. I just am a whole lot LESS polite about exposing it when it comes to predators and exploiters of the vulnerable.

Explore The Lore:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYUGgyPHobhW_zuIJ5vBefg

Expect my next Explore the lore video out in a few weeks. Still working on my lore video about Will. There have been delays, but I haven't given up.

Archived