How did you build libsdl2 for Linux systems?

Polynomial-C

Hi there,

unfortunately I belong to that small group of players who dare to use an unsupported Linux distribution to play TLD. :$

But as a Gentoo Linux developer I do not really want to use some other OS or Linux distribution to play the game. I hope that you guys can somehow understand my motivation.

So I am a happy TLD gamer since the 393 pre release. But ever since the release of version 1.21 (I purchased the game via GoG, so no Steam on my system either) I have trouble starting the game without LD_PRELOADing the shipped libsdl2 library first. If I don't do this, the game either doesn't start at all or it starts but crashes/hangs/freezes very soon.

Now I wonder if that might be because of how my system-libsdl2 is compiled. Would you guys at Hinterland maybe provide some details on how you built the shipped libsdl2 so I can try to build my system-copy the same way?

Cheers

Lars

Hi @Polynomial-C, thanks for your post and for being such a dedicated player of The Long Dark! We can certainly understand having a strong preference for your chosen OS.  That said, our support team is small and our technical assistance is necessarily limited to operating systems that are supported by the game's engine, Unity.  Sorry we cannot be of more help! :(

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply.

So from your answer I assume that you (Hinterland devs) did not compile the libsdl2 library but the Unity people?

Just to be clear, I do not ask for any kind of support. I'm well aware that you cannot do this. All I try is to get the game working with my system-libsdl2 as it used to work with versions prior to 1.21.

Kind regards

Lars

Archived