Reverting back to older versions of the game?

Stormwolf1O1

This topic has been touched upon on the forums before, but through searching I've not been able to find a solid answer.

Is it possible to revert the Steam version of the game back to older builds (for nostalgia purposes :P)? I've heard you can do it with the GOG version, but I'm not desperate enough to go and buy the game twice, you know?

Yes it's possible, although from what I understand quite technical. There's somewhere a topic about it.

About GOG (for if a worst case scenario would happen meaning GOG being the only possibility): GOG runs a program from time to time called GOG Connect.
Some developers allow at that specific time (most of the time a week) to get their game from Steam on GOG. You connect your Steam library with GOG Connect which shows you which games have been made available by their developers to get on GOG too. Might be interesting to note, although I'm not sure if Hinterland is aware of GOG Connect and weather they (plan to) participate in it.

You can still do it with Steam but Hinterland does not want you to.  Try Googling “how to download old version on steam”.  

You may need to get creative with some files when resurrecting really old versions to adjust for the downgrades.

• 1 month later...

I just went through all that! My Steam app died and I had to reinstall...which meant reinstalling all my games. I was playing TLD V 1.21 and loved it! Now it has downloaded V1.30 and has bugs and a new feature where if you sprain an ankle the character screams every few minutes and the camera rolls all over. It gave me vertigo and I had to stop playing. The only other game that has ever done that to me was Dear Esther.

So I scouted out the way to install an older version. It was super easy and the correct V shows at the opening screen, but once the game started the character would not move. I checked my key bindings and everything was fine..but no buttons or mouse movement was detected. Couldn't even bring up the pause menu.

If anyone does find a way to roll back I will be looking forward to hearing about it! If I cant get rid of this camera roll I am losing my favorite game. LoL (I know I could just disable sprains, but then I 'm not playing in Interloper anymore, its just a custom game.)

This is where I found info about installing an older version:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889624474

On 5/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, FluffyComeHome said:

So I scouted out the way to install an older version. It was super easy and the correct V shows at the opening screen, but once the game started the character would not move. I checked my key bindings and everything was fine..but no buttons or mouse movement was detected. Couldn't even bring up the pause menu.

If by "scouted out an older version" you mean you found an old torrent of it - I did too, and had the exact same problem. Couldn't move my character at all, keybindings were perfect though. Ended up uninstalling it and returned to my legit up-to-date copy of it on Steam. :(

Archived