v393 - Can't Move or Look Around

Stormwolf1O1

So I'm attempting to play an earlier version of the game, v393, and before you say anything, yes - I've purchased the game legitimately on Steam. I wanted to see what this early version was like so I torrented it, because Steam does not let you revert your game back to earlier versions, so please do not yell at me to 'buy the game', because I have.

I begin a new game and cannot do anything other than stand in place and quickly freeze to death. I can't use Esc to pause, can't use the mouse to look around, can't use WASD to move. I thought maybe I was stuck on something below my character, so I started a new game, same problem. I checked in the options menu to see if it was a sensitivity or controls issue, but no. I disabled gamepad to see if that made a difference, but no. I cannot think of anything else to try.

Umm, pretty sure you just admitted to copyright infringement on the official forum of the company in which you are infringing.  Nice work.  I Hope you don't live in the United States.  The point being: you bought your copy from steam.  You are now downloading and using someone else's copy and in the process are also a part of the sharing process, which is copyright infringement.  At the very least you should probably read the forum guidelines and understand that any sort of talk about pirating software could get you banned from this forum, whether you own a legal copy or not.  "Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Hinterland Community "

52 minutes ago, Wade said:

Umm, pretty sure you just admitted to copyright infringement on the official forum of the company in which you are infringing.  Nice work.  I Hope you don't live in the United States.  The point being: you bought your copy from steam.  You are now downloading and using someone else's copy and in the process are also a part of the sharing process, which is copyright infringement.  At the very least you should probably read the forum guidelines and understand that any sort of talk about pirating software could get you banned from this forum, whether you own a legal copy or not.  "Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Hinterland Community "

Yeah, thanks.

Archived