Trophies

Evan McMillan

Hey everyone!So I was thinking alot these days about carcasses or more precisely about some kind of other prize exept all the sweet-lifesaving meat,guts and skin.Something like antlers or bear ear(like in Wintermute).It would be awesome if you could take moose's antlers and hang them like a trophy from a wall or cut a bear's ear after you've defeated it successfully.I know that there will be no other use exept trophies but maybe the devs could make an achievement where you must collect all 3 throphies in one game(throphie from a moose,a bear and a wolf).Im interested to know what you think down in the comments and maybe, if you like this idea,the devs would implement this feature in the game.Other than that The Long Dark is trully a survival masterpiece.There is just that thing that makes it so much beautifull and unpredictable at the same time.Peace out

It would definitely appeal to the hunters who play the Long Dark, and might even draw some more into the game. It should be expected that there will be those who will object to such things as they could be perceived as a distraction from the core element of the game.

I've always seen the wolfhide coat as a trophy in itself, just one that is also utilitarian. So I wouldn't have any objections to having a character take additional risks in order to have a trophy, showing they survived that bear in Pleasant Valley.  Or that one moose in Mystery Lake. Such things can give a survivor quite the morale boost, showing they are indeed surviving.

13 hours ago, Ape88 said:

Could be cool. But I think Hinterland might object... Isn't there something about the wonton destruction of wildlife they object to?

Can do that now. Either case, it is at the expense of limited ammunition of either bullets or arrows. If you choose to be a poacher in your game, then you have nobody to complain to about your death but yourself.

That's actually a reason I like it, as adding the temptation of collecting trophies just for their own sake, and poaching animals for them and nothing else, can really get the point across of how stupid it is when your life is on the line. There could even be a system put in to tell out when you are poaching deer and throw in something as a bit of karmic balance, like an extra bear or pack of wolves where you wouldn't expect them.

Archived