annoying eclipse circles on screen

Karl Grylls

Hello,

i noticed annoying eclipse shaped lines/circles on my screen when playing TLD. I thought it's a driver problem, but they are still there after updating on the newest version. I attached a screenshot to show you the problem, but you have to stare a few moments to spot it (focus on the center).

Another thing is that the sky in TLD also have lines. The colorgradient is not fluently, but in gradings, which are shown as lines (i don't have a screenshot of this). Maybe these two problems are connected and can be solved with one solution?

Sapphire RX580 Nitro+, latest driver

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Win10 64bit

16GB Ram

Whent you need more infos, just feel free to ask :)

Long Dark lines.png

Hi @Karl Grylls thanks for you post. Are you referring to the the "banding" that can occur when there is a gradient of light or color? This isn't an element of the game we have changed recently, however we are always working to improve how The Long Dark looks on different monitors -- so thank you for the feedback!

If you are finding the banding frustrating, you could try adjusting the brightness of your monitor -- the effect can be more exaggerated on displays with the brightness turned up.

I noticed this as well on the Xbox, like circular layers of different brightness. It's exactly like the OP said, the different coloration does not seem seamless, but in layers.

This doesn't annoy me, but I think the game would look nicer if it was seamless.

19 hours ago, Support said:

Hi @Karl Grylls thanks for you post. Are you referring to the the "banding" that can occur when there is a gradient of light or color? This isn't an element of the game we have changed recently, however we are always working to improve how The Long Dark looks on different monitors -- so thank you for the feedback!

My second point belongs to that, yes. You can see it on dusk and dawn especially.

But my first point (screenshot) is irrespective of that. The circles follow the camera (like dirt on the lense), no matter what (daylight, weather,...). They are just always there. I can't say since when this problem occurs. Maybe since i got a new computer (and an ultrawide monitor) back in september. Allowedly, these lines are hard to spot. But once you do, you can never make it unseen again. In contrast, this second Problem is very annoying, the first one not so.

Archived