What happened to my Bow reticule (aim spot)?

I've noticed the last day or so that my bow and arrow are fairly useless because the reticule (sp?), "aiming spot" is missing entirely, or it tends to fade in or out for no apparent reason.  I thought that perhaps my bow was too old, so I crafted a new one but then the same thing happened again.

Frankly, if I can't use my bow to bring down big animals, this game will become unplayable.

Any ideas?

I play the game in Survival mode only, so maybe the reticle removal thing only applies to that mode - i don't know, so I will have to read the 1.27 release notes in detail.

In any case, you can only get so close to a deer (while the player is standing up) before they see you and then run off.  When stocking a Moose, you might have to be even further away cuz that sucker can see YOU - - so, if you don't have a very accurate aiming point, you would have to just "guess and let it fly".

Furthermore - sometimes you can see the reticle and sometimes you cannot - so why is that happening?  Either turn it on all the time or turn it off all the time - make yup your mind Hinterland.

The reticle behaves the same when carrying a bow as with elsewhere in the game -- it appears when a Survivor is looking directly at something they can interact with, (such as a door, container, or item) and fades away when they are not. It is not visible when aiming a weapon.

Archived