Will there be a "Pilgrim" difficulty for Wintermute?

CyberKenetic

(sorry in advanced for anything i missed or got wrong here, i know its super long and i apologise greatly)
So i know this sounds stupid but ever since Rugged Sentinel we got the three difficulties for Wintermute, the basic Easy, Medium and Hard (pilgrim, Voyager and Stalker) for the campaign, great addition, allows for different difficulties and game play and so on and so fourth. i found this to be an amazing change as even though I have survived for tens of hundreds of days on survival all of these have been on Pilgrim. only reason I play just pilgrim is i cant handle the jump scare/stalked by wolves aspect so when they released the "easy" mode on winter mute i was excited as i could finally play the super casual survival experience i am used to playing but when i played it, the wolves still stalked me relentlessly.
NOW! i know the campaign is meant to be played in the "wolves and bears attack you" way as there are multiple bits in the campaign functioning off these fear factors to give the game the edge that makes you want to continue the story but for me it just prevents me from playing the story all together.

something i must state is that i tested this on the easiest difficulty, got to the bridge scene and the wolves still attacked me, is there someway i can tweak the campaign so i can play without this, will we ever get a TRUE casual pilgrim mode where nothing attacks you (basic game play wise not cut-scenes) or should i give my hopes up?
(That's not meant sarcastically thats meant as a genuine question, should i hope for it or just give up?)

The short answer is no.  The storyline is basically set and you play thru it.  Yes you can change the difficulty to a point but the basic parameters stay the same.  Wildlife will agro on you, as this is part of the storyline.  The only "true" pilgrim mode is in the sandbox.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Choosing "Green Survivor" does make the game easier, but it is not an analog to Pilgrim mode.  Wolves will still attack you unprovoked, but on Green Survivor mode you will find it much easier to repel their attacks and survive in general.  This, coupled with the numerous auto-save points, makes story mode quite the breeze to play through.

Archived